Provide professional development and technical assistance for Child Nutrition Programs. Participate in special project activities in the area of Child and Adult Care Food Programs that support the ESC’s core purpose and strategic goals.
Bachelor’s degree with preferred areas of study in: Institutional Management, Nutrition, Dietetics, Family and Consumer Science, Public Health, or related field
1. Three years’ experience in operations and management of Child Nutrition Programs, specifically Child and Adult Care Food Program and Summer Feeding Programs
2. Three years of experience training adults
3. Experience in developing, presenting, and coordinating professional development sessions
Special Knowledge and Skills
1. Child Nutrition expertise related to USDA’s federal nutrition programs
2. Broad-based knowledge of Child Nutrition
3. Excellent verbal and written communication
1. Develop, present, and facilitate effective professional development.
2. Provide technical assistance and customized services.
3. Engage in professional development to maintain knowledge and skills in the area of Child Nutrition.
4. Keep current in state and federal rules, regulations, and policies related to Child Nutrition.
5. Provide leadership in planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating professional development, and services in the area of Child Nutrition.
6. Help plan and implement ongoing needs assessments and services for Region 4 customers.
7. Participate in developing communication networks between Region 4 and customer personnel. 8. Assist in planning and developing special project activities and conference events.
9. Fulfill the requirements of the Texas Department of Agriculture (TDA) contract.
10. Provide technical assistance and services as specified by any applicable federal grant that funds this position.