City Year Boston is seeking a dynamic Corporate Partnerships Manager responsible for supporting efforts to secure financial partnership from companies in the metro-Boston area. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Corporate & Foundation Partnerships and working closely with the team’s fellow Corporate Partnerships Manager and Senior Director of Corporate Development and Civic Engagement, as well as other senior leaders, volunteers, and donors, the Corporate Partnerships Manager is responsible for supporting quarterly development goals. This work will include identifying, researching, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding donors, as well as supporting an infrastructure of organization and accountability for the larger Corporate & Foundations Partnerships team.
The City Year Boston Development team is responsible for securing over $8 million in annual revenue from individual, corporate and foundation sources during the current fiscal year. More than $3 million of this revenue is generated specifically through gifts from corporations and foundations. City Year Boston’s plans for growth, which will be implemented over the next several years, necessitates a likely increase to the team’s annual fundraising goal, up to $13 million.
This position will play a critical role in assisting the Corporate and Foundations Team in the creation and execution of a substantial and sustainable development program. This work will include: pipeline research; the creation of marketing & sales materials; interdepartmental collaboration; database & website management; support of events and service workshops; and direct work with corporate & foundation donors.
- Contribution to securing and maintaining sustainable new & existing corporate gifts for long-term growth. These gifts include Team Sponsorship through event sponsorships:
• New: Identify prospective donors’ philanthropic interests and provide them with an opportunity to realize an outstanding philanthropic experience through their charitable investment of time, advocacy and financial support to City Year, thereby growing our current portfolio.
• Existing: Play an active role in managing day-to-day stewardship of current major corporate sponsors including key communications, volunteer engagements, site visits, and event attendance.
- Ensure fundraising data integrity and effective revenue and pipeline reporting by maintaining donor accounts in our database and confirming that all relevant information is accurately recorded and updated.
- Lead in the creation & upkeep of marketing & sales materials, including pitch decks, fliers, update bulletins, the City Year Boston corporate development website, and more.
- Assist the Development team with the preparation and execution of special events, including City Year Boston’s Red Jacket Weekend, four Specialty Market Events (Legal Community Breakfast, Investment Community Breakfast, Women’s Leadership Breakfast, Real Estate Community Breakfast), Annual Gala (Starry Night) and numerous service workshops.
- Serve as the lead Development Operations point for one of City Year Boston's Specialty Market Events, providing support with event registration (pre- and post-event), committee management, and event gift processing.
- Work closely with other City Year Departments – including the Evaluation Team, Service Impact Team, Learning & Development Team, and more – to maximize communication and collaboration across the organization.
- Serve as a powerful City Year Boston representative at local corporate and community functions.
- Contribute to the intellectual and organizational capacity of City Year Boston by staying apprised of local and national trends in social justice, national service, public education, and fundraising.
The responsibilities listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Two or more years of work experience required.
- Preferred: One or more years of successful fundraising and/or partnership development experience for a non-profit or educational organization.
- Preferred: Experience using donor/relationship management software, namely Salesforce, to track donors, establish goals and generate reports.
- Knowledge of fundraising with a strong emphasis on corporate giving programs.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills with an ability to engage and inspire a wide range of audiences.
- Outstanding organizational skills, ability to handle multiple tasks and think critically.
- Experience in Adobe, Creative Suite, InDesign is helpful.
- Deep understanding of City Year’s mission and the national service movement, as well as the values of servant leadership, the power of young people, social justice, empathy, inclusivity, teamwork, and excellence.
- City Year and AmeriCorps alumni are encouraged to apply.
Compensation and Benefits
Full time employees are entitled to compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits for full time employees include health insurance with Flexible Spending Account, paid vacation, holidays, parental leave, 401K, and more.
City Year is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including persons with disabilities and veterans.