Job Title: Temporary Manager, High Road Training Partnership (Oakland or Sacramento)
Department: Program Impact
Reports To: Director of Program Impact
SEIU UHW-West & Joint Employer Education Fund
The Education Fund is a non-profit partnership between SEIU UHW-West and Healthcare Industry Employers; on a mission to accelerate the careers of over 100,000 SEIU eligible Healthcare Workers through innovative education and training solutions. We have a bold strategy to position the Education Fund as the trusted accelerator in healthcare education.
You will lead the second funding cycle of a ground-breaking High Road Training Partnership (HRTP) grant through the California Workforce Development Board that will run from July 2019 through December 2020. With the funds, we have an opportunity to continue the design and implementation of our first multi-employer, registered pre-apprenticeship program called "High Road to Healthcare Careers" (HRHC). The program will provide the necessary support to underrepresented populations in their pursuit of critical healthcare careers in two regions - Greater Sacramento and The East Bay. You will be the leader of a team of program staff who will design, execute, and report on the outcomes of this 18-month project. This position will end December 31, 2020.
Reporting directly to our Director of Program Impact, you will lead a team of program staff who will design, execute and report on the outcomes of the project. Your team will analyze and synthesize data to continuously drive program improvements, and develop a longer-term funding strategy to bring the program to scale in future iterations. You are a thinker and a doer who easily connects with internal and external stakeholders from all walks of life to achieve strong programmatic outcomes.
Provides strategic direction, especially within a fast-paced, results-oriented, entrepreneurial environment.
Successfully manages a process for stakeholder engagement (worker, union, management, workforce investment boards, CBO's).
· Collaborates with Community Colleges and education content partners to develop world-class training programs to meet the needs of the Healthcare Industry now and in the future.
· Delivers exceptional customer service within a resource-constrained environment, while maintaining a focus on the organization's needs and strategic priorities.
· Tracks emerging workforce trends, specifically in evolving apprenticeship models and career paths.
· Envisions, creates, implements and scales outcome-based innovative solutions.
· Leads and develops a strong and connected team capable of delivering our mission
· Creates and efficiently manage annual budgets.
Qualifications and Capabilities
· Home office will be Oakland or Sacramento - candidate must have ability to move freely between two regions for frequent in-person meetings
· BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
· Exceptional project management/program development capability
· 5 years' experience in Educational Program Development
· Experience managing multi-disciplinary team
· Proven communication (written and verbal) and relationship building skills; excellent public speaking skills
· Financial acumen and proven budget management capability
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis
Experience in a union, labor management or healthcare industry environment preferred
· Bilingual preferred with expertise in language fluency and literacy