At City Year, our mission is to ensure every child succeeds through closing gaps in high-need schools. We are looking for passionate young people to dedicate a year of service as City Year AmeriCorps members and impact students as tutors, mentors, and role models. We are seeking a Local Recruitment Manager to inspire these young people to join our mission and serve as a City Year AmeriCorps member.
You will contribute to our work by establishing, developing, and sustaining community partnerships that create a pipeline of talented and diverse applicants ages 18-25 for the City Year AmeriCorps member program. You will be responsible for establishing new and leveraging existing partnerships with a variety of local organizations that are focused on serving youth across all the neighborhoods of San Antonio to increase awareness of the opportunity to serve with City Year. You will be immersed in the community, and this position will require significant travel in an around San Antonio to establish effective relationships that will compel young people to apply and serve with City Year.
Reporting into the Regional Recruiter Director, you will work collaboratively with the National Recruitment and Admissions team team adding local recruitment capacity to generate leads for the City Year network and applications for City Year San Antonio.
Please follow application instructions outlined at the bottom of the page.
Manage, Grow and Develop Partnerships
- Develop and implement a plan to build strong relationships with key stakeholders such as community college career counselors, youth program directors and administrators, high school guidance counselors, and community leaders that produce a consistent and strong applicant pool from each portfolio account.
- Develop, coordinate and deliver presentations at identified community colleges, high schools and/or community organizations at settings including career fairs, targeted student group meetings and classes, and tabling events. This includes frequent travel and occasional evening/weekend work.
- Create innovative approaches to reach and communicate with target student populations.
- Develop and manage portfolio accounts and key strategic relationships with the goal of expanding the reach of the national recruitment team with your local market.
Customer-focused Lead Management and Application Generation
- Implement standard lead management process to identify and cultivate leads through targeted, customer-focused multi-channel (phone, online, in-person) communication that ensures that leads are well informed about City Year and the AmeriCorps member experience.
- Engage and support leads interested in serving at City Year San Antonio in application submission.
- Build relationships and execute local marketing efforts within partnerships and portfolio accounts to measurably raise awareness, familiarity, and understanding of City Year to prospective applicants throughout the city of San Antonio.
- Maintain an active presence on social media to support organizational and team campaigns and support institutional relationships.
Performance Analysis and Strategy
- In conjunction with team leadership, develop engagement strategies through use of historical data.
- Regularly compare activities to applicant and confirmation yield and assess ROI for activities.
- Utilize established AmeriCorps member profile to identify trends in successful applicants from portfolio accounts.
- Use real-time data to report on progress and course correct recruitment activities and strategy as necessary.
Develop Strong Internal Relationships
- Build and manage a strong relationship between City Year San Antonio and the National Recruitment and Admissions Team supporting best practice sharing, collaborative problem solving, and collective achievement of filling the City Year corps with highly qualified and diverse AmeriCorps Members.
- 2-4 years of experience; 1-2 years of experience in relationship development with institutions such as colleges, high schools, clubs, and community based organizations to meet organizational objectives.
- Strong cultural competency and passion for diversity, inclusivity, equity, and belonging work
- Personable and thoughtful approach to engaging diverse groups, particularly young adults.
- Strong oral and written communication skills for internal and external audiences.
- Ability to deliver strong and inspirational messages to large groups.
- Calendar management, event planning, and logistics experience.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with individuals with diverse backgrounds, interests, and skills.
- Ability to travel frequently; includes having a driver’s license (personal vehicle a plus, approved work-related mileage will be reimbursed).
- Sales, customer service experience a plus
- Volunteer, corporate, or academic recruitment experience a plus
Via our online application, please submit your resume along with a cover letter (no more than one page) that responds to the following questions:
- What makes serving as a City Year AmeriCorps member a compelling opportunity?
- What skills and experience do you have that will position you as a successful partnership and relationship builder in this community?
Compensation and Benefits
Full time employees are entitled to compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits for full time employees include health insurance with Flexible Spending Account, paid vacation, holidays, parental leave, 401K, and more.
City Year is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including persons with disabilities and veterans.