Reporting to the School Principal and working closely with the Director of Enrollment, the Assistant Principal of Operations will establish and manage exceptional operations at a Rocky Mountain Prep (RMP) campus to ensure that students receive an excellent education in a safe, supportive, and physically beautiful space for learning.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Assistant Principal of Operations is responsible for managing a school-based operations team towards ambitious outcomes. They are a critical member of the school administrative team, managed by the School Principal and working in partnership with Assistant Principals of Instruction and other school-based staff. In partnership with the network operations team, they also play a key role in identifying and putting in place systems to improve operations across the RMP network. At the school-level, APOs manage their teams towards excellence in the following ten priority areas:
- Highly effective operations team: School operations teams operate as highly effective teams with systems that support continuous improvement (e.g., regular candid feedback)
- Maximized learning time: All schools average 96% Average Daily Attendance (ADA), and systems for attendance tracking and follow-up are easy to use and consistent.
- Fully enrolled schools with minimal student attrition: All schools meet budgeted enrollment targets, with clear systems and follow through on managing and coordinating student recruitment support. Family and scholar satisfaction lead 85% + of students returning for subsequent school years.
- Facilities that support learning: All RMP facilities are well maintained, reflect RMP’s culture of love and rigor, are conducive to all scholars and staff realizing their full potential, welcoming to families, and managed through effective and efficient operational systems.
- Safe and secure school environments: School facilities are safe and secure with clear procedures to maintain those conditions.
- Accurate and usable data: RMP scholar and family data is always accurate and easily accessible in core RMP data systems to inform timely and effective response to scholar and family needs and compliance.
- Family engagement: Strong structures are in place to support family engagement, and our community actions are aligned to RMP vision for family engagement.
- Effective and responsible use of resources: School remains on budget, and school teams are able to engage in informed conversations about how to reallocate resources to best drive school-wide goals.
- Timely and effective assessment logistics: Logistics are tightly managed so that all scholars receive timely assessments with appropriate accommodations which enable RMP to adjust instructional approach effectively.
- Evergreen school operations responsibilities: Additional school operations systems have strong processes in place to maintain excellence with a small portion of ops team time to enable focus on top priorities.
- Planning and Execution - Exceptional project manager with a track record of developing effective project plans, executing against those others, and managing self and others - does not let details slip through the cracks and has incredible follow-through.
- Culture Add and Alignment to Peak Values – Internalizes, embodies, champions, and holds others accountable to the RMP mission, vision, and PEAK values. Brings a diverse perspective, a strong desire to learn, and a spirit of generosity and curiosity to the team.
- Organizational Understanding – Understands the workings, structure, and culture of Rocky Mountain Prep as well as the climate in which our organization operates. Thinks strategically to influence individuals, organizations, and social groups to build excitement and engagement with our schools.
- Action Management – Manages and coordinates tasks, develops project plans, monitors performance, and achieves project goals in alignment with outcomes. Works collaboratively to set expectations and standards, to evaluate effectiveness, and to hold people accountable to meeting commitments.
- Service Orientation – Builds relationships with others by acting with the needs of stakeholders in mind. Facilitates delivery of solutions that meet expressed and unexpressed needs with a genuine desire to assist others and “move the boulders in the road” that impede success.
- Technological Fluency – Feels comfortable and confident learning and utilizing new technology and programs, as well as helping others with tech needs, specifically utilizing Google and Apple products.
- Minimum of 3 years in an operations role, preferably in an education setting, with success redesigning overall processes and implementation plans
- Relevant experience engaging with community members and/or families (educational context preferred)-
- Drive to create efficient and effective systems, structures, and procedures, sweating the details, and driving towards outcomes
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Bilingual Spanish and English speaker strongly preferred
Rocky Mountain Prep offers a competitive salary based on experience, as well as comprehensive benefits.