Company DescriptionABOUT KIPP TEXAS PUBLIC SCHOOLS
KIPP Texas Public Schools is a network of 59 public charter, open-enrollment, pre-k-12 schools educating nearly 34,000 students across Austin, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. Together with families and communities, our mission is to create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose -college, career, and beyond-so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
Founded in Houston in 1994, and operating as KIPP Texas since 2018, our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in our classrooms, in our offices, and in the communities we serve is unwavering. We are looking to hire a diverse team of dynamic, collaborative, and dedicated individuals with an unyielding belief that every child will succeed. Join our Team and Family and champion equity, chase excellence, persist with purpose, bring joy, and help us rise together.
KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income communities.Job DescriptionKey Responsibilities
- Receive student referrals and implement the assessment and evaluation process within state timelines.
- Conduct Full and Individual Evaluations (FIEs) including dyslexia assessments.
- Participate in the Admission, Review, and Dismissal (ARD) Committee to assist with interpretation of assessment data, appropriate placement, and development of Individual Education
- Follows district, state and federal regulations.
- Meets all required timelines for assessment, reports, meetings, and documentation.
- Facilitates the coordinated efforts of evaluation personnel and services providers.
- Attends all required meetings and staff development.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential job function.
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university
- Valid Texas Educational Diagnostician Certificate
- Minimum 3 years of experience as an Educational Diagnostician (preferred)
Compensation and Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary scale, a part of KIPP Texas' competitive benefits options, KIPP offers all employees an $0 HMO plan for the employee only. In addition to our $0 plan, KIPP provides a $600 employer contribution towards a Health Savings Account and a variety of other supplemental benefits such as Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, Pet Insurance, Life, etc.