KIPP Texas Public Schools is a network of 59 public charter, open-enrollment, pre-k-12 schools educating nearly 34,000 students across Austin, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. Together with families and communities, our mission is to create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose -college, career, and beyond-so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
Founded in Houston in 1994, and operating as KIPP Texas since 2018, our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in our classrooms, in our offices, and in the communities we serve is unwavering. We are looking to hire a diverse team of dynamic, collaborative, and dedicated individuals with an unyielding belief that every child will succeed. Join our Team and Family and champion equity, chase excellence, persist with purpose, bring joy
, and help us rise together
KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income communities.Job DescriptionDuties and Essential Job Functions:
QualificationsKnowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Provides LPAC compliance guidance to campus administrators, ESL coordinators and teachers.
- Collaborates with Regional ESL Program Managers to address compliance needs specific to English Learners and support implementation of Bilingual/ESL state/district assessment and data collection programs.
- Manages ELLevation implementation for the district.
- Compiles and tracks district and campus program data for multilingual students.
- Collaborates with the Managing Director of Multilingual Education, Senior Director of Assessments, and campuses to conduct TELPAS audits.
- Organizes and supports staff development sessions for compliance (LPACs, ELLevation, etc.).
- Organizes and supports parent training sessions for LPAC representatives in English and Spanish.
- Collaborates with PEIMS department to ensure proper coding of students in Bilingual and ESL programs.
- Conducts ongoing campus and online audits to validate compliance documents and reports.
- Coordinates oral language proficiency assessment to monitor students' performance in Bilingual and ESL programs.
- Designs support systems for campus English Learner data collection and responds to campus requests as needed.
- Collaborates with campus ESL Coordinators in the LPAC process ensuring procedures and paperwork are maintained.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Knowledge of state and federal guidelines for Bilingual and ESL programs
- Experience with evaluation of EL compliance documentation and LPACs
- Knowledge of ELLevation, preferred
- Knowledge of language assessments such as TELPAS, Pre-LAS, LAS Links and IOWA, preferred
- Expertise in Skyward and PEIMS
- Detail oriented and able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Experience designing and facilitating relevant Professional Development/Learning sessions to a variety of audiences, such as administrators, teachers, and families
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (bilingual in Spanish preferred)
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (required)
- 3+ years of experience teaching in an ESL or Bilingual setting
- 2+ years successful experience in managing LPAC compliance documentation
- Experience with planning and presenting staff development presentations
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Master's degree preferred
- Previous experience leading LPAC compliance for Bilingual/ESL Department
Additional Information Location
- Valid Bilingual Education Certification and/or ESL Supplemental Certification
We have two positions available, one role specifically based in Houston, TX and the other based in any KIPP Texas Region (Austin, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio)Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to a competitive salary scale, a part of KIPP Texas' competitive benefits options, KIPP offers all employees an $0 HMO plan for the employee only. In addition to our $0 plan, KIPP provides a $600 employer contribution towards a Health Savings Account and a variety of other supplemental benefits such as Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, Pet Insurance, Life, etc.Funding:
The Coordinator, ESL Compliance will be funded directly from the Elementary and Secondary Schools Emergency Relief (ESSER) grants awarded by the Texas Education Agency under the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021 (ESSER II) and the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ESSER III). This position will be funded solely (100%) from the ESSER II and III allocation for direct expenses through September 30, 2023, and may continue to be funded through September 30, 2024, depending upon the availability of ESSER grant funds. At the end of the grant period this position may be eliminated unless other sources of funds are secured to maintain this position or a similar position. The employee must sign this job description acknowledging receipt of the job description and signing their acknowledgement that this position is grant funded and is temporarily aligning with the terms of the grant period.