Position at IDEA Public Schools IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all of our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 58% of our students graduate from college in 6 years - that's 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve nearly 45,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA will serve 100,000 students. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you-with continued growth in our current regions and new launches in Tarrant County (Fort Worth/Arlington), New Orleans, Houston (2020), Permian Basin (2021), and Tampa Bay (2021)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video
. About our region:
Austin is a vibrant city filled with a rich cultural heritage and is ranked as the #1 Best Place to Live for the second year in a row by U.S. News & Wrold Report. The city of Austin is the state capital and holds the ranking as the 11 th largest city in the United States. Currently, Austin is home to 10 of IDEA's schools and serves nearly 5,000 students at campuses in Austin, Kyle, and Pflugerville.
In a city that is a hub for knowledge, IDEA is working to support the community through education, which is the single most effective anti-poverty strategy we possess as a nation. This is why we focus on AP courses for all students, college acceptance, and matriculation. Only 1 in 8 Austin students graduate college ready. Changing this statistic is part of the promise IDEA makes to current and incoming students. Our goal is to add 16 more schools over the next 4 years, including IDEA's first health professions school, in support of our mission of college for all, positioning us to serve approximately 13,000 students by 2022.
Role Mission: The IDEA Interventionist Teacher intervenes with small groups of students who have identified gaps of 2 or more years in Reading and/or Math with the goal of closing that gap by 2 years in just one school year. The IDEA interventionist plays a crucial part in ensuring that all students are prepared to successfully participate in IDEA's AP for All initiative. This is an approach to academic intervention used to provide systematic, and appropriately intensive assistance to children who are at risk for or already underperforming as compared to appropriate grade- or age-level standards. Intervention teachers will use universal screening, Direct Instruction intervention, frequent progress monitoring, and increasingly intensive research-based instruction and interventions for students who continue to have difficulty.
What You'll Do -- Accountabilities
• Teach Critical Student Intervention (CSI) small groups consisting of students that are academically at risk in reading and/or math to include students in general education, 504, Response to Intervention, Special Education, and English Language Learners.
• Work closely with general education teachers in order to coordinate the support they are providing to students requiring intervention.
• Implement state learning standards and IDEA curricula and assessments to meet ambitious academic expectations
• Learn, master and deliver relevant content and grade level curriculum, core content objectives and texts
• Submit weekly lesson plans two weeks in advance for feedback
• Implement formal and informal assessments to track each individual student's progress and learning needs, adjust lesson plans accordingly and update gradebook weekly
• Communicate students' progress with student and family on a weekly basis
• Effective facilitation and personal use of technology as a communication and educational tool to improve student achievement and manage work related tasks.
• Implement a clear and consistent behavior management system that aligns to campus- wide initiatives while developing students' character and sense of community in the classroom
• Help shape and develop a school wide culture that fosters a productive and enthusiastic learning environment for each student
• Establish and maintain a cooperative working relationship with students and families based on trust, understanding and respect for the communities in which they identify.
• Host necessary tutoring sessions to meet all students' needs
• Participate in weekly manager check-ins, grade-level meetings, before and after-school duties, and school wide meetings and functions
• Engage in summer and year-long district, school and personal learning and development
• Minimum of 40+ hours spent at school per week
• Additional responsibilities may include: after-school tutoring or Saturday school and are based on the needs of our scholars
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
• Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
• Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
• Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
• Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
• Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
• Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
• Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
• We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students
Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable): None
What You Bring -- Competencies:
• Bachelor's degree required
• A track record of proven success
• Experience in a classroom setting
• Strong knowledge of subject area (Math or Reading preferred)
Knowledge and Skills:
• Knowledge of core academic subject assigned and ability to pass an IDEA content assessment
• Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
• Ability to instruct students and manage student behavior
• Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to adjust and adapt to a multitude of situations in the school environment
What We Offer
• This role is eligible for various stipend opportunities and incentives through our Teacher Career Pathway. For more information about our compensation and total rewards, visit our benefits page.
• Additional hourly compensation is provided for after school tutoring or Saturday school as assigned
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, com-muter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day. IDEA may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.https://ideapublicschoolsorg.sharepoint.com/CompensationAndBenefits/Shared%20Documents/Forms/AllItems.aspx?id=%2FCompensationAndBenefits%2FShared%20Documents%2FTeacher%20Pay%20Scales%2F2021%2D22%20Teacher%20Pay%20Scales%2F21%2D22%20Austin%20Teacher%20Pay%20Scale%205%2E12%2E21%2Epdf&parent=%2FCompensationAndBenefits%2FShared%20Documents%2FTeacher%20Pay%20Scales%2F2021%2D22%20Teacher%20Pay%20Scales&p=true&originalPath=aHR0cHM6Ly9pZGVhcHVibGljc2Nob29sc29yZy5zaGFyZXBvaW50LmNvbS86YjovZy9Db21wZW5zYXRpb25BbmRCZW5lZml0cy9FVmlfZEc1SzFRTklvaWczbUhGcUFGWUJjUzFRWVFDRUo1aE1aODVUZFl6Ujd3P3J0aW1lPVRJZDZzTVoyMlVn
Please submit your application online through Jobvite. It's in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. It is recommended that you include a cover letter in your application addressing why you are interested in IDEA and how your experience has prepared you for this position.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.