PK-12 Nurse - This position will be for 1 year only!
Job ID: 4474
(Contingent upon funding) - CBH position - full-time permanent teaching position beginning at the start of the 2021/2022 school year.
Resume and cover letter required.This position will be for 1 year only!
***Accommodations for virtual interviews will be made during this hiring season, please apply***
Under direction of the school principal and/or appropriate supervisor, teaches and instructs students in academic subject matter, social, emotional, behavioral, and educational skill areas.
Additionally School Nurse teachers will:
Roles & Responsibilities
- be academic advocates for their students advising, mentoring and modeling appropriate habits of mind and deed
- use best practices in teaching
- create a personalized, rigorous, socially engaging school environment that will meet the needs of all students
- embrace partnerships with community organizations and parents to share in the efforts to meet and exceed national and local standards
- participate in all district and school-based professional development
- engage in all district-driven curricular and other initiatives as defined by the Providence School Department
- follow all relevant School Board Policy
Salary Rate Range
- Be knowledgeable and implement the School Health Program according to the Rules and Regulations of the RI Dept. of Health.
- Administer first aid care for medical emergencies.
- Assists physicians for all health examinations conducted in the school setting, also responsible for preliminary tests before physical examination i.e., height, weight, and blood pressure.
- Responsible for all screenings as mandated by state law.
- Follow-up on all defects i.e., hearing, vision failures.
- Responsible for follow-up on all incidents and/or accidents that occur in the school until recovery is apparent.
- Counseling and Home Visits.
- Collaborate with physicians and health agencies as it relates to student health information.
- Serves as a member of the Crisis Team at the school level.
- To maintain optimal health and well being of students.
- Increase knowledge of students and promote motivation so that students can make responsible decisions regarding health and lifestyle.
- Keeps a daily log of all illnesses and accidents.
- Prepare monthly reports for health administration.
- Serves as a consultant/resource to the principal, parents, teachers, students and outside agencies.
- Assists with the planning and execution of the various immunization programs.
- Provides in-service education for school personnel.
- Establish channels of communication among school staff to assure referrals of follow-up on pupil health problems.
- Assumes other responsibilities as assigned by administration.
- Embrace diversity in the health office.
- Affect changes in nurse/student relationships.
- Participate in shared decision making.
- Be available as needed to assist students before and after school.
- Cover for medications and emergencies for an absent School Nurse-Teacher that you are assigned to and/or whenever necessary.
Teacher Salary Scale RIDE Requirements
ESL PreferredMinimum Qualifications
- BA from an accredited school nursing.
- Current license to practice as a registered nurse.
- Successful experience as a registered nurse for a minimum of 5 years in a hospital setting.
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certified
- You must complete the new hire compliance training prior to your first day of employment
Job Category : Student Services > School Nurse Employer Description
Providence Schools is an urban school district serving 24,000 children in Rhode Island's Capital City.
Providence Schools employs approximately 3,500 people; over 2,000 are certified teachers.
Contact Human Resources manager 401-456-9100 Ext. 11182 to answer any questions you may have. Learn more about us... Equal Opportunity Employer
Providence Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation. Contact Information
- Brenda Marquis
- 797 Westminster
- Providence, Rhode Island 02903