PK-12 Library - This position will be for 1 year only!
Job ID: 4473
(Contingent upon funding) - CBH position - full-time permanent teaching position beginning at the start of the 2021/2022 school year.
Resume and cover letter required.This position will be for 1 year only!
***Accommodations for virtual interviews will be made during this hiring season, please apply***
Under direction of the school principal and/or appropriate supervisor, plans and administers the school's library media services to students. Communicates the school's library media program to parents, faculty, staff and community. Plans for and provides instruction to student and staff on the use of the library media center.
Additionally, teachers will:
become members of a professional learning community where purposeful collaboration, flexibility, innovation and shared decision making are encouraged
participate in all district and school-based professional development inclusive of working with internal (coaches) and external (consultants) supports
support and nurture the academic, social-emotional, and physical needs of all students
participate in building a coalition of parent, community and business partners
engage in all district-driven curricular and other initiatives as defined by the Providence School Department
follow all relevant School Board PolicyRoles & Responsibilities
Salary Rate Range
- Provides instruction based on and integrated with district objectives, utilizing school library media curriculum and learning resources.
- Participates in district and school-based professional development activities.
- Collaborates with school personnel and/or parents to coordinate the delivery of library media services to students.
- Teach information literacy skills that enable students to complete instructional tasks and explore personal interests.
- Selects appropriate variety of materials for a well balanced library media program.
- Develops and maintains positive and cooperative interactions and communications with parents, colleagues and community.
- Provides information services and resources to assist staff in their knowledge and educational trends, developments, techniques, research and evaluation.
- Organizes and maintains an attractive library media center environment.
Teacher Salary ScaleRIDE Requirements
PK-12 Library Media Specialist
ESL PreferredMinimum Qualifications
- BA in applicable field from accredited institution.
- Must understand and be willing to work within the parameters of an Aligned Instruction System, including teaching a unified curriculum.
- Record of involvement in professional organizations (such as National Middle School Association (NMSA), Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD), Children and Adult with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD), Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) etc.)
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD), Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) etc.)
- You must complete the new hire compliance training prior to your first day of employment
- Bilingual Preferred
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment criminal history background check. Selected candidates cannot begin work until passing their background check.
- Demonstrated proficiency with PC-based computer applications, Microsoft Office applications, email, web applications, and industry specific technology.
Job Category : Student Services > Librarian/Media Specialist Employer Description
Providence Schools is an urban school district serving 24,000 children in Rhode Island's Capital City.
Providence Schools employs approximately 3,500 people; over 2,000 are certified teachers.
Contact Human Resources manager 401-456-9100 Ext. 11182 to answer any questions you may have. Learn more about us... Equal Opportunity Employer
Providence Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation. Contact Information
- Brenda Marquis
- 797 Westminster
- Providence, Rhode Island 02903