ABOUT MERIDIAN PCS
Meridian is a PreK-8th grade school located in Washington, DC’s vibrant U Street Corridor. Our 650+ students are a diverse mix of African-American, Latino, Asian, African, and White students. Almost 30% of our students are English language learners, and we have one of the largest Hispanic populations in DC charter schools. Meridian is committed to serving our local community, and one-third of our students live within a half mile of the school. We are also proud of the fact that Meridian is a school of choice for parents— all eight wards of the city are represented among our student population.
Meridian’s strengths include a beautiful main campus, with nearby outdoor and recreational grounds; state of the art technology for students and teachers; updated and aligned curricula; an academic program laser-focused on student growth, achievement, and social-emotional development; extensive professional development and support for teachers and leaders; and a school culture grounded in student achievement and support.
In 2015, Meridian launched a comprehensive and intensive school improvement initiative. Since then, the school has seen steady, sustained gains in student learning and achievement including:
- A 17.6 point gain to a 59.4 on the DC Public Charter School Board’s 100-point Performance Management Framework (PMF). This increase is the among the highest PMF score increase during this two-year period for all PS-8 charter schools. Now, Meridian is on the cusp of becoming a Tier 1 school.
- Two out of three students at Meridian improved their math and reading scores faster than their peers across the District of Columbia and nationally.
Join us as we continue to take Meridian from good to great! For additional information about Meridian visit mpcs-dc.org.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are seeking a Human Resources and Payroll Manager for immediate hire. The HR/Payroll Manager supports Meridian’s more than 100 employees. The HR/Payroll Manager will report to the Director of Operations and be responsible for the following duties:
- Manage all aspects of employee benefits including identifying and securing all benefit programs and brokers, benefit administration, and employee enrollment. Current benefit programs include: workers compensation, unemployment insurance, short/long term disability, life insurance, SMART benefits, retirement, and healthcare/dependent care flexible spending accounts;
- Administer annual open enrollment process for medical, dental and vision insurance and healthcare/dependent care flexible spending accounts, and serve as a point of contact for all benefits-related matters;
- Review retirement contribution plans and provide assistance to staff in regards to any retirement questions;
- Monitor ADP payroll platform to ensure accuracy in daily reporting of staff attendance and clocking-in/out of all non-exempt staff; manage employee leave tracking;
- Create and administer payroll twice a month for review;
- Research and develop all policies related to human resources and personnel matters; respond to employee requests for information regarding human resources policies and procedures;
- Serve as point of contact for all HR matters including processing incident reports for employees and conducting investigations where appropriate;
- Working with TenSquare and Head of School, manage recruitment of prospective employees and termination of employees, when needed;
- Facilitate onboarding of all new employees including processing all employment paperwork;
- Develop, analyze and oversee the school’s employee evaluation process
- Maintain employee personnel files and complete all required employee-related reports for external parties;
- Any additional duties as assigned to related to human capital functions, payroll functions, and operational functions.
Ideal candidates will have the following education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business management or a related field;
- At least five years of work experience in human resources;
- Ability to work comfortably with people from diverse backgrounds;
- Excellent organizational skills and timely completion of tasks;
- Math Aptitude: comfort with numbers and accounts payable;
- Excellent communication skills, particularly strong writing ability;
- Knowledge and experience using Windows, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Google Documents;
- Conscientiousness: understanding that everything going out the door matters to the customer;
- Customer Orientation: Good customer service skills with internal and external customers, attention to detail;
- Dedication: Being persistent, punctual and dependable, with a positive, can do attitude;
- Sense of Urgency: understanding the urgency of situations and address matters promptly;
- Flexibility/Adaptability: open to change and to considerable variety in the workplace;
- Honesty: trustworthiness with company resources and information.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply today to the Human Resources and Payroll Manager position!
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin or ancestry, marital status, veteran’s status, or any other factor, which would constitute a violation of the D.C. Human Rights Act or other applicable laws or court order.