At Rocketship Public Schools, we believe in the infinite possibility of human potential.
We believe that every student deserves the right to dream, to discover, and to develop their unique potential. And it is our responsibility and our privilege to unleash the potential inside every Rocketeer we serve. Our non-profit network of public elementary charter schools propels student achievement, develops exceptional educators, and partners with parents who enable high-quality public schools to thrive in their community. We are a collective of parents, teachers, leaders, and students working together to transform the future for underserved communities across our country. At Rocketship Public Schools, we are unleashing potential.
Rocketship Public Schools is hiring for the part-time Family Recruiter positions. The primary purpose of the Family Recruiter role is to support new and growing Rocketship schools to fill open spots and build robust waitlists of prospective students. This position will require you to work closely with the school's Office Manager, Community Development Manager, and Principal to execute on recruitment plans and meet goals set by the team. Ability to engage families in dialogue about Rocketship and a passion for our mission to eliminate the achievement gap is a must. Family recruiters are our faces and voice to new families and will be expected to execute their responsibilities with professionalism and a high degree of customer service.
- Canvassing within recruitment areas specified by the recruitment plan you are helping to execute
- Canvassing includes but is not limited to knocking on doors, making contact with local community groups and businesses, and handing out pamphlets to prospective families at events/high traffic locations
- Support in data entry
- Support with phone calls to new and prospective families
- Event planning and marketing of informational meetings for prospective families
- Tracking recruitment work in target area to ensure all potential families are contacted
- Supporting new and existing schools in enrollment
- Providing feedback to inform continued refinement of recruitment plans
- A passion for Rocketship's mission to eliminate the achievement gap and a belief that all students can achieve academic success
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
- Strong PC-based computer skills, and ability to learn new computer programs quickly
- Ability to work in a team as well as follow through independently to complete tasks as required
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality where required and discretion when involved in sensitive conversations
- High tolerance for ambiguity, changing work priorities and deadlines, and a willingness to take on responsibilities and to prioritize work on multiple projects
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and communicate with both adults and children. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally climb ladders. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to high. Compensation:
Commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus excellent health and welfare benefits, 403b retirement plan, flexible spending account (FSA), and generous paid time off.
Rocketship Public Schools provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Rocketship Public Schools complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Rocketship Public Schools expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Rocketship Public Schools' employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated. Click here for our Sexual Harassment Policy
and here for our Title IX Policy
. For questions, concerns, or complaints, please contact Equity/Discrimination Title IX Compliance Officer, Email: [email protected]
Address: 350 Twin Dolphin Drive, Suite 109, Redwood City, CA 94065. Phone: 877-806-0920 ext. 115.