Position at IDEA Public Schools Accelerated Reader Zone Facilitator Instructional Support
IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all of our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 58% of our students graduate from college in 6 years - that's 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve nearly 45,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA will serve 100,000 students. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you-with continued growth in our current regions and new launches in Tarrant County (Fort Worth/Arlington), New Orleans, Houston (2020), Permian Basin (2021), and Tampa Bay (2021)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video
. About Austin:
Austin is a vibrant city filled with a rich cultural heritage and is ranked as the #1 Best Place to Live for the second year in a row by U.S. News and World Report . The city of Austin is the state capital and holds the ranking as the 11 th largest city in the United States. Currently, Austin is home to 1 6 of IDEA's schools and serves nearly 7,8 00 students at campuses in Austin, Kyle, and Pflugerville .
In a city that is a hub for knowledge, IDEA is working to support the community through education, which is the single most effective anti-poverty strategy we possess as a nation. This is why we focus on AP courses for all students, college acceptance, and matriculation. Only 1 in 8 Austin students graduate college ready. Changing this statistic is part of the promise IDEA makes to current and incoming students. Our goal is to add 16 more schools over the next 4 years, including IDEA's first health professions school, in support of our mission of college for all, positioning us to serve approximately 13,000 students by 2022. Role Mission:
Responsibilities: Culture & Student Management
Silent Reading (DEAR time) & Data Management
- Motivate students to participate in reading activities, DEAR time (Drop Everything And Read), and testing in Accelerated Reader
- Continuously improve execution of student procedures to maximize learning time
- Frequently speak to students regarding their progress toward goals and current data
- Create a positive learning environment in line with IDEA culture
- Actively "coach" and ensure that students are reading and testing on books within the appropriate ZPD level in Accelerated Reader to meet their individual reading goals; assist struggling students in selecting appropriate books that engage their interests and motivate them to read more
- Maintain a positive reading atmosphere and ensure students are reading and Accelerated Reader testing on a daily and weekly basis
- Interpret and manage online Accelerated Reader data generated by Renaissance Learning to monitor student reading progress toward goals
- Use data to track students' progress toward goals
We look for Team and Family who embody the followingvaluesand characteristics:
- Proactively identify and solve problems that impede the maximization of student learning
- Communicate and collaborate with ELA teachers and school administrators about student progress
- Actively participate in staff development opportunities as a member of the IDEA team
- Maintain the Accelerated Reader library book collection throughout the year and accurately complete the end of year inventory.
- Believes and is committed to our missionand being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effectiveoutcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education asa professionand hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Education: Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year educational institution preferred but not required
- Experience in a classroom or volunteer setting,
- Strong computer and technology skills, including an ability to troubleshoot.
- Ability to interpret, manage, and utilize multiple sets of data efficiently in order to best support students' progress in reading software
- Licenses or Certifications:None required
- Ability to analyze and interpret student progress data daily and submit reports to all campus teachers and manager weekly
- Basic knowledge of curricula and instructional practices or implementation
- Ability to instruct students and manage student behavior
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adjust and adapt to a multitude of situations in the school environment
- Salaries for this role are set at an hourly rate ranging between $13.57 for 0 years of experienceand $18.68
- Note: Hourly co- teachers earnings are paid out over a 12-month period
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.