Position at IDEA Public Schools IDEA Alumni Regional College MentorRole Mission:
The role of the IDEA Alumni Regional College Mentor is to enhance IDEA alumni knowledge, skills, and experience while supporting district initiatives of a successful college transition for all GEAR UP alumni. Alumni Regional College Mentors will support peers through mentorship and directly coaching of GEAR UP alumni on the eight key focus areas of college persistence and completion, using the Inside Track coaching model: academics, school community, commitment to graduation, career, managing commitments, finances, health and support, and effectiveness.Responsibilities
:Provide mentorship and college coaching to IDEA alumni as assigned through direction of the GEAR UP Mentoring Program Manager.Participate in 100% of Mentoring Program professional development and reporting requirements.Attend regularly schedule check in meetings with GEAR UP Mentoring Program Manager.Build relationships with IDEA alumni to support collegiate goals and career aspirations.Manage multiple responsibilities with changing deliverable dates as needed. Qualifications:
Commitment & Compensation
- Must have graduated from IDEA Public Schools and be currently enrolled in college at one of the following institutions:
- The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
- South Texas College
- The University of Texas at San Antonio
- Texas A&M University Corpus Christi
- Texas State University
- Texas A&M University College Station
- Must have earned a minimum of 30 college credit hours with a cumulative GPA or 3.0 or higher
- Must be reliable, punctual and demonstrate IDEA Public Schools Core Values
- Must have solid written and verbal communication skills
- Must be open to observation and feedback
- Able to work independently
- 15-20 hours per month, August 2019 through May 2019
- $10 per hour, paid monthly
In order for your application to be considered complete and to be considered by our Hiring Team, you must upload:
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- A current resume
- A clear screenshot of college transcript that includes name, university, cumulative GPA, and earned hours.
- A writing sample (500 words or less) to the following prompt:
- If hired, what is one thing you would like to share with your assigned Mentee's about your college/ university experience?
Application Review Timeline Deadline Deadline Date Deadline Time Apply by this date you receive... Priority Application Deadline September 30, 2019 by 11:59 PM 10 additional points on rubric total Application Deadline October 11, 2019 by 11:59 PM No additional points on rubric total
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college.
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.