This position is affiliated with the PSASA bargaining union.
The Manager - School Operations Support will work closely with the Director and Office of Schools to provide strategic guidance and support to all schools. The Manager will serve in a multi-faceted, operational and climate based capacity in order to ensure that all schools create safe and supportive conditions for learning for all students through interventions, professional development, and implementation of district practices, policies, and guidelines.
- Analyzes data regarding climate, academic, attendance, and other areas that impact student achievement and works with the school leadership team to develop and implement strategic support plans.
- Monitors the performance of schools in all areas of responsibility against established goals/objectives and current district initiatives and advises the Office of Schools.
- Facilitates the preparation and planning of school?s annual budget in coordination with the Office of Finance and CLN support teams.
- Provides support and guidance to leadership teams regarding daily school based functions.
- Provides leadership and facilitation in the implementation and evaluation of behavioral interventions including PBIS and Restorative Practice.
- Collaborates with school based and district teams to develop, implement, and monitor school safety plans.
- Collaborates with school based administration and CLN support team to provide support and resolution to student incident, parent concerns and climate and culture/building related issues.
- Provides technical assistance to schools to resolve transportation issues in collaboration with City Schools Transportation Office.
- Collaborates with school based administrative team and CLN support team to improve delivery of instruction and climate programs.
- Develops and manages collaborative communications and working relationships with schools and City Schools central office departments.
- Provides input into the development of intervention programs related to the attendance of students.
- May make home visits in conjunction with school staff to ascertain causes of student absenteeism and areas of need.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school board policies, and the professional standards.
Maximum Salary 101895.00
Minimum Salary 79000.00
- Master?s degree in education, business, public administration or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Valid Maryland State Department of Education Advanced Professional Certificate (APC) with Administrator I preferred, but not required.
- Valid Class C Noncommercial driver's license and personal transportation.
- Demonstrated experience in complex problem solving with use of available resources and identifying creative solutions to challenging problems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategies that impact positive student achievement and productive school culture.
- Proficient in project management, strategic planning, organizational and operational skills.
- Knowledge of federal and state legislation and guidelines governing the education and discipline of students.
- Interpersonal skills that ensure effective support of principals.
- Excellent verbal and communications, advocacy, and presentation skills.
- Experience working cooperatively and collaboratively with City Schools central office departments and to provide high-level district information of all schools.
- Demonstrated knowledge of school level data analysis regarding climate, academic, attendance/truancy trends and other areas that impact student achievement.
- Proficient use of technical computer applications, including Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access.
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts ?undergraduate, graduate and all MSDE Certifications
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
- All documentation must be scanned and uploaded to application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
Baltimore City Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from bi-lingual or multi-lingual candidates.
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Manager, 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208, Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax).