Performs routine semi-skilled tasks in repair and maintenance of school buildings and surrounding grounds. Opens buildings, activates/deactivates HVAC equipment, monitors and ensures operational readiness and safety of equipment and building components. Work requires the application of general knowledge of maintenance and repair techniques, materials, tools, and equipment. Functions as the primary maintenance person at smaller school facilities or facilities with low population density or as a member of a maintenance team at a larger school or facility.
- Monitors status of building operation and maintenance projects in assigned school or facility. Conducts scheduled and unscheduled inspections of buildings, equipment, and surrounding grounds. Ensures compliance with safety program and energy conservation guidelines and policies.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance and emergency repairs including correcting minor electrical malfunctions, repairing basic plumbing fixtures, pipes and fittings, repairing and replacing light fixtures, repairing doors and locks, changing filters, belts, and hoses.
- Submits emergency requisitions to manager and/or calls in emergency repair requests to vendors for repairs to buildings, grounds, heating and air conditioning equipment.
- Performs minor repairs to interior and exterior walls, windows, ceilings, floors, railings, and other building surfaces. May assist in grounds repair to roadways and walkways.
- May perform a variety of routine painting, masonry, carpentry, and sheet metal work.
- Assists in the preparation of various building components and systems for Central Repair Shop, trades personnel and/or contractors; disassembles and installs equipment and fixtures.
- Assists journey level trades personnel in skilled maintenance and repair work. Assists in new construction and renovation work as requested.
- Coordinates work assignments for evening cleaning activities.
- Requisitions routine supplies, materials, and spare parts as necessary.
- Completes routine forms, maintains records, and writes reports.
- Makes suggestions for improvements in assigned school or facility.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and non-discrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school board policies and the professional standards.
Maximum Salary 21.08
Minimum Salary 17.37
- High school diploma or GED.
- Three years building operations and maintenance experience involving work in two or more maintenance trade areas.
- Related trade licenses/certificates may be substituted for two years of education or experience.
- Knowledge of the methods, techniques, standards, tools, materials and mechanical and electrical equipment used in building operation and maintenance.
- Knowledge of safety and preventive maintenance practices and procedures.
- Ability to implement operations policies and procedures.
- Ability to interact effectively with others.
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
Baltimore City Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from bi-lingual or multi-lingual candidates.
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Manager, 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208, Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax). This position is affiliated with Local 44 (L44) bargaining union.