Installs, maintains and repairs major industrial and domestic locks and related security systems
- Repairs, assembles and disassembles all types of major industrial and domestic locks.
- Sets up master and sub-master lock systems.
- Installs and repairs vertical and horizontal panic hardware.
- Repairs and refurbishes locks using old and salvaged lock material.
- Installs and repairs mortis, unit, integer, cylinder, dead bolt and auxiliary style locks.
- Opens and corrects defective padlocks, desk locks, file cabinet locks, and changes and resets lock combinations where necessary.
- Repairs and adjusts door checks.
- Makes keys for locks, cutting key blanks to master key sample.
- Makes minor repairs to door and door frames.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school boards policies and the professional standards
Maximum Salary 19.59
Minimum Salary 16.70
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Eighteen months of locksmith experience
- Maryland Class C Non-commercial driver?s license with no more than 3 points, or an equivalent out-of-state driver?s license
- Knowledge of tools, materials, techniques and equipment of the locksmith trade
- Skilled in differentiating types and styles of industrial and domestic locks and systems
- Skilled in assembling, disassembling, repairing, fabricating and picking locks
- Skilled in cutting keys to master key designs and specifications
- Ability to work in small work areas
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts ?undergraduate, graduate if applicable
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
Baltimore City Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from bi-lingual or multi-lingual candidates.
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Manager, 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208, Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax). This position is affiliated with Local 44 (L44) bargaining union.