Related positions are contingent on board approval.
Plans, organizes, and directs the development and management of the district's budgets. Directs the district's work around its Fair Student Funding framework (Money Follows the Child) and provides leadership on the Charter revenue allocation formula. Develops and implements budgetary control procedures and prepares budgetary analyses, reports and information. Directs the day-to-day operations of the Budget Office and coordinates work with the other Finance offices (Payroll, Accounting, Procurement and Food Services). Provides technical information and assistance concerning budget preparation. Manages a current staff of seven in the execution of these responsibilities.
- Conducts financial analyses and provides financial data as required for union negotiations.
- Develops and recommends budget policy and maintains adequate procedures and systems for continuous monitoring and control of budget accounts.
- Verifies departmental budget submissions and monitors budgets to ensure compliance with Board policy, procedures, and city, state and federal regulations.
- Develops presentations, management reports and computational data to accurately reflect district resources and expenditures.
- Maintains databases, files and records necessary for the preparation, monitoring and review of the budget. Works collaboratively with the Office of Human Capital and Information Technology Department to ensure appropriate integration and management of budget and position control information in the Human Resources Management System.
- Serves as functional owner of budgeting technology and systems.
- Identifies financial problems and recommends solutions.
- Defines strategic direction for area of responsibility, and leads assigned teams in developing recommendations for strategic long-term goals related to assigned area of responsibility.
- Creates and manages budget for area of responsibility. Develops and monitors time and expense project budgets. Develops project plans, work breakdown structures and schedules required to successfully complete projects on time and within budget constraints.
- Plans and controls staffing, and performs other human resources, finance and payroll functions for assigned employees.
- Manages assigned teams in the development, design, review, implementation and periodic revaluation of project plans and strategies to support the achievement of the departmental goals and objectives.
- Provides appropriate supervision, mentoring, and professional growth and development opportunities to assigned staff. Such responsibility includes the development and implementation of professional growth plans to include keeping abreast of current developments, literature, and technical sources of information.
- Ensures the provision of quality products and services throughout the lifecycle of assigned projects. Leads teams in the design, development, implementation, monitoring and documentation of quality and reliability improvement plans and procedures. Confers with and advises subordinates on administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities, and methods.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school board's policies and the professional standards.
- Organizational Agility. Knowledgeable about how organizations work; gets things done both through formal and informal channels; effectively maneuvers through complex political situations.
- Strategic Agility and Innovation Management. Anticipates future consequences and trends accurately; brings creative ideas to market; recognizes strategic opportunities for change; creates competitive and breakthrough strategies.
- Drive for Results. Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; does not give up before finishing, even in the face of resistance or setbacks; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Personal Learning and Development. Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve himself/herself; recognizes the need to change personal, interpersonal, and managerial behavior; actively seeks feedback.
- Dealing with Ambiguity. Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Decision Quality and Problem Solving. Uses analysis, wisdom, experience, and logical methods to make good decisions and solve difficult problems with effective solutions; appropriately incorporates multiple inputs to establish shared ownership and effective action.
Maximum Salary 126000.00
Minimum Salary 94500.00
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business, public administration, engineering, math, quantitative analysis, or related field. Degree must be from an accredited college or institution.
- Certified Public Accountant and/or an advanced degree in a related field including an MBA are preferred.
- Seven years of professional experience in budgeting, financial analysis, data analysis, or financial management including three years at a supervisory or project management level.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles and techniques of budgeting and financial management, and the accepted practices and procedures that are used in the maintenance, development and implementation of large, complex budgets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills, capable of relating to a diverse stakeholder community.
- Proficient in the use of technical computer applications, including Microsoft Office Professional Suite or comparable software.
- Ability to analyze, review and direct complex budget and accounting operations and procedures.
- Ability to resolve complex budgeting problems and to give technical budget management advice and assistance.
- Ability to interpret and apply governmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Interpersonal skills that ensure effective team building.
- Ability to prepare and maintain complex financial records using Excel and Access or comparable software required.
- Ability to manage budget and accounting data analyses and reporting using specialized computer applications for financial management, such as Oracle and comparable ERP programs preferred.
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts ?undergraduate, graduate
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
Baltimore City Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from bi-lingual or multi-lingual candidates.
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Manager, 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208, Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax). This position is not affiliated with any bargaining unit.