Related positions are contingent on board approval.
Plans, schedules, coordinates and reviews accounting and related accounting clerical work in accounts payable. Supervises and trains assigned accounting clerical staff.
- Overseesthe maintenance and processing of accounts payables, and the preparation of statistical, accounts payable, or general accounting reports.
- Ensuresthe timely processing of accounting transactions and effective maintenance of related reports and documentatio
- Processes and reconciles Pcard payments and credit card payments to vendors, monitors payment logs for appropriate subsequent action
- Monitorsand approves budget expenditures.
- Conductsspecial cost studies, and analyzes and compiles cost and statistical reports for managemen
- Establishesand revises related accounting forms, procedures and account
- Evaluatesthe performance of, disciplines and recommends the hiring, firing and promoting of assigned subordinate staff.
- Trainsnew employees in accounting or payables procedures.
- Interpretspolicies, procedures, and operating standards.
- Providesappropriate supervision, mentoring and professional growth and development opportunities to assigned staff. Such responsibility includes thedevelopment and implementation of professional growth plans to include keeping abreast of current developments, literature and technical sources of nformation.
- Plansworkload and supervises staff, and performs other human resources, finance and payroll related functions for assigned employees.
- Utilizestact and exercises good judgment in interacting with general public, school and central office personnel.
- Performsand promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school board policies and theprofessional standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Functional/Technical Skills: Possesses required functional and technical knowledge and skills to do his or her job at a high level of accomplishment; demonstrates active interest and ability to enhance and apply new functional skills.
- Customer Focus: Commits to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external stakeholders; acts with stakeholders in mind; values importance of providing high-quality customer service.
- Directing Others: Establishes clear directions; sets stretching goals and assigns responsibilities that bring out the best work from people; establishes a good work plan and distributes the workload appropriately.
- Managing and Measuring Work: Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives and measures; monitors process, progress, and results; designs feedback loops into work.
Maximum Salary 62203.00
Minimum Salary 49691.00
- Bachelor?s degree in accounting. Degree must be from an accredited college or institution.
- Five yearsrelated accounting or accounts payable experience to include lead or supervisory experience
- Additionalrelated experience may be substituted on a year for year basis for the education requirements
- Knowledgeof accounting, accounts payable, and/or routine auditing practices and procedures
- Abilityto maintain assigned accounts and to compile, write, and maintain accounting reports and budgets
- Abilityto analyze and resolve accounting problems.
- Abilityto supervise accounting clerical staff
- Abilityto establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Effectiveverbal and written communication skills
- Proficientin the use of technical computer applications including Microsoft Excel
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts ?undergraduate, graduate
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
Baltimore City Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from bi-lingual or multi-lingual candidates.
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Manager, 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208, Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax). This position is affiliated with the City Union of Baltimore (CUB) bargaining unit.