The Aide School Bus will attend to the safety, care, and comfort of special education students and other students on all school buses. Assists students in boarding and disembarking from school buses. Lifts and carries students as required. Monitors student behavior on buses. Completes daily attendance of students riding the bus.
- Assists students in boarding and disembarking from all school buses. Lifts students when necessary. Assigns students to seats.
- Adjusts safety straps and stores crutches and other orthopedic aids on the bus. Properly secures students in various types of equipment.
- Monitors students on the bus for behavioral and physical problems.
- Maintains bus schedules of each student on route showing addresses, telephone numbers, pick-ups, etc.
- Follows prescribed procedures when a parent or an adult fails to meet a student at the bus stop.
- Assists the bus driver in developing emergency evacuation plans and in performing bus evacuation drills.
- Assists in emergency situations and efficiently and quickly evacuates students from the bus as needed.
- Assists the bus driver in receiving information needed to complete accident reports.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies and contractual agreements; follows federal laws, state laws, school board policies and professional standards.
Maximum Salary 16.85
Minimum Salary 14.71
- High school diploma or GED.
- Experience working with special education students is preferred.
- Knowledge of school safety, procedural, and policy guidelines and applicable regulations.
- Skills in communication and human relations.
- Ability to use and care for school bus and related equipment and supplies according to written and oral instructions.
- Ability to maintain good relationships with administrators, teachers, students, other employees, and the general public.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with other departmental officials, associates, and employees.
- Must have complex problem solving skills.
- Must possess excellent cross-organizational knowledge.
Full time or Part time Part time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts ?undergraduate, graduate if applicable
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
Baltimore City Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from bi-lingual or multi-lingual candidates.
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Manager, 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208, Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax). This position is affiliated with the Paraprofessionals and School Related Personnel (PSRP) bargaining unit.