Related positions are contingent on board approval
Academic Content Liaisons provide specialized academic and content support services in the areas of mathematics to schools, based on the identified needs of the school and school community.
- Provides input into the development of plans to meet student needs, to integrate and connect learning and to address the differing learning styles of students.
- Provides professional and technical assistance to administrators, teachers, and staff in areas related to the implementation of instructional support for teachers and paraprofessional staff.
- Plans and delivers content based professional development activities for teachers and administrators during the school day, after school, in the evening, on Saturdays, and during the summer.
- Assists with monitoring of the alignment and implementation of curriculum with national, state, and local standards, school goals and student assessments areas. Assists in increasing teacher content area knowledge and delivery.
- Uses student performance and achievement data as tools to identify barriers to success and assists with the designing of strategies for improvement. Supports teachers with professional learning opportunities and direct classroom supports.
- Supports school-level faculty training on the use of diagnostic, formative, and daily assessment tools.
- Supports efforts to customize or create formative assessment tools.
- Supports and coordinates with schools and partners to provide extended learning opportunities.
- Serves as an advisor to other network team members on academic related questions.
- Assists in the implementation and support of new initiatives and standards that provide for quality instruction and effective student services.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school board policies, and the professional standards.
Maximum Salary 101895.00
Minimum Salary 79000.00
- Master?s degree (or Baltimore City Public Schools endorsed Model Teacher) in education or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Maryland State Department of Education Standard Professional Certificate or Advanced Professional Certificate in Early Childhood, Elementary, or Secondary Education (Mathematics).
- Three years of proficient teaching in mathematics content area.
- Knowledge and experience in curriculum development and test creation.
- Knowledge of effective student, school, and district assessment tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Effective coaching skills that will increase teacher effectiveness.
- Proficient in the knowledge and use of computer applications, including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships.
- Ability to facilitate positive communication and coordination of program activities with teachers, administrators, and staff.
- Effective and experienced facilitator of professional development.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and prepare reports.
- Ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations.
- Valid Class C Noncommercial driver's license and daily access to personal transportation.
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts ?undergraduate, graduate and all MSDE Certifications
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
- All documentation must be scanned and uploaded to application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
Baltimore City Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from bi-lingual or multi-lingual candidates.
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Manager, 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208, Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax).