Air Force Aerospace Science JROTC instructor to high school level cadets. Assists the Senior Aerospace Science Instructor (SASI) in managing and implementing the overall JROTC unit program according to national, state, and district standards. Promotes cadet intellectual, social, patriotic, character education, and physical growth. Responsible for implementing the Air Force's national education curriculum and program requirements to include the preparation, planning, coordination, and supervision of all co-curricular service learning, special activities or events (military ball, drill meets, honor guards, and other extra-curricular activities).
- Teach, assess, evaluate, and document student progress and growth through formal and informal evaluations procedures.
- Evaluate students' progress and determine materials and strategies to provide for their needs.
- Implement the Air Forces national curriculum, lesson plans, curriculum related extra-curricular activities, and objectives with other content areas in order to provi
- Instructs 180 hours of military directed subject materials in classroom and leadership laboratory environment.
- Administer, advice, and appraise extracurricular teams (drill, rifle, physical training, and academic challenge).
- Assist the SASI in determining and supervising cadets who serve in key leadership positions (command and staff).
- Assumes direct responsibility for the development of appropriate behavior of students within the school setting by establishing and maintaining effective discipline and management procedures.
- Coordinates instructional activities and collaborates with other professional staff, both school and non-school-based, as required to maximize learning opportunities.
- Administer, advises, coordinate, and supervise special activities or events such as the annual military ball, drill meets, and summer leadership camp.
- Implement and maintain communication and coordination with the school faculty and staff to promote cadet involvement in school activities, cadet recruitment and retention.
- Coordinate, collaborate, and compile data for data records in the automated cadet database.
- Participate in in-service and staff development and activities and staff meetings as required or assigned.
- Ensure continuous communication with parents or guardians, both written and oral, to keep them informed of a cadet?s progress.
- Assist the SAI in managing and submission of all reports required by the Air Force and the district.
- Counsel, mentor, and tutor cadets as needed.
- Perform and promote all activities in compliance with equal employment and non-discrimination policies; follow federal laws, state laws, school board policies and the professional standards.
- Retired Air Force active duty or gray area Reserve/National Guard Non-Commissioned Officer, grades E6 to E9.
- Eligible to obtain Federal JROTC instructor certification.
- Associates Degree; Baccalaureate preferred.
- Meet current height and weight standards as outlined in appropriate Air Force Service regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and automation technology skills.
- Willing to wear the appropriate Service uniform and meet personal grooming standards as outlined in Service Regulations.
- Demonstrated troop level experience.
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts ?undergraduate, graduate and all MSDE Certifications
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
- All documentation must be scanned and uploaded to application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts of America and other designated youth groups.
For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact
Equal Opportunity Manager, Title IX Coordinator
Equal Employment Opportunity and Title IX Compliance
200 E. North Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21202
Coordinator ? Section 504
Special Education and Student Supports
200 E. North Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21202
Email: [email protected]
If you believe you have been treated differently because of your race or color, national origin or ethnicity, religion of creed, sex or gender, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identify or expression, you have the right to file a complaint with the Equal Employment Opportunity department
You must file a complaint
within 90 days of the most recent act(s) of discrimination or harassment This position is affiliated with the Paraprofessionals and School Related Personnel (PSRP) bargaining unit.