Related positions are contingent on board approval.
Directs the functions of fund management, accounts payable, and accounts receivable for Baltimore City Public Schools.
- Oversees all general accounting functions (including fund management, accounts payable, and accounts receivable) for City Schools, and serves in leadership role for financial management.
- Forecasts expenses and revenues for entire system.
- Prepares financial reports required by management and regulators, and assures financial compliance with city, state, and federal governments.
- Develops recommended accounting policies and procedures.
- Prepares proposals for improvements in state aid formulae.
- Prepares cost estimates.
- Defines strategic direction for area of responsibility, and leads assigned staff in developing recommendations from strategic long-term goals related to assigned area of responsibility.
- Creates and manages budget for area of responsibility. Develops and monitors time and expense project budgets. Develops project plans, work breakdown, structures and schedules required to successfully complete projects on time and within budget constraints.
- Plans and controls staffing, and performs other human resources, finance, and payroll related functions for assigned employees.
- Manages assigned staff in the development, design, review, implementation and periodic revaluation of project plans and strategies to support the achievement of goals and objectives.
- Provides appropriate supervision, mentoring, and professional growth and development opportunities to assigned staff. Such responsibilities include staff performance reviews and the development and implementation of professional growth plans to include keeping abreast of current developments, literature, and technical sources of information.
- Ensures the provision of quality products and services. Leads staff in the design, development, implementation, monitoring, and documentation of quality and reliability improvement plans and procedures. Confers with and advises subordinates on administrative improvement plans and procedures, technical problems, priorities, and methods.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school board?s policies, and the professional standards.
Maximum Salary 126000.00
Minimum Salary 94500.00
- Bachelor?s degree in accounting, finance, business, or related field. Completion of Certified Public Accountant preferred or CPA candidate. Degree must be from an accredited college or institution.
- Nine years of professional experience in accounting including fund management experience, including three years at supervisory level. Experience in a public education or university setting preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles and techniques of accounting and financial management techniques, and the principles and procedures that are used in the maintenance, development and implementation of accounting systems, methods and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to make persuasive presentations.
- Proficient in the use of technical computer applications, including Microsoft Office Professional Suite or comparable software.
- Ability to analyze, review and direct complex accounting operations and procedures.
- Ability to resolve complex accounting problems and to give technical accounting advice and assistance.
- Ability to interpret and apply governmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with executives and officials.
- Interpersonal skills that ensure effective team building.
- Ability to prepare and maintain complex financial records using Excel and Access or comparable software required.
- Ability to manage accounting data analyses and reporting using specialized computer applications for financial management, such as Oracle and comparable ERP programs preferred.
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts undergraduate, graduate and all MSDE Certifications
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
- All documentation must be scanned and uploaded to application
- Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, click the Register and Apply Now Button below.
Baltimore City Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from bi-lingual or multi-lingual candidates.
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Manager, 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208, Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax). This position is not affiliated with any bargaining unit.