Responsible for service calls and dispatching officers in emergency situations.
- Responds to and manages emergency situations by dispatching school police units and keeping record logs.
- Maintains records of movements, locations and involvement of school police units.
- Monitors CCTV Video wall and responds to burglary and fire alarms.
- Monitors and responds to burglary and fire alarms.
- Accesses National Crime Information Center (N.C.I.C) for records, warrants and vehicle checks.
- Accesses Student Management System to acquire student information as needed.
- Maintains appropriate confidentiality of data accessed.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and non-discrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school board policies and the professional standards.
Maximum Salary 20.25
Minimum Salary 16.54
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess or acquire NCIC certification logon course offered by the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services Data Service Division within one year of employment
- Must possess or acquire Maryland Electronic Telecommunications Enforcement Resource Systems (METERS) certification within six months of employment
- Must authorize release of prior employment, credit history, and criminal conviction information
- Must pass drug test, background record investigation and federal, state, and local fingerprint checks
- Must submit to a truth Verification Test and Psychological Screening.
- Must successfully complete entrance level Police Communications training
- Must be proficient in technical computer applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to use radio communication and other related equipment
- Ability to use tact and exercise good judgment in interacting with the general public, school and central office personnel
- Ability to respond to emergency situations while maintaining composure and demonstrating appropriate professionalism and restraint at all times.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts ?undergraduate, graduate if applicable
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
Baltimore City Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from bi-lingual or multi-lingual candidates.
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Manager, 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208, Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax). This position is affiliated with Local 44 (L44) bargaining union.