Leads mechanics engaged in diagnostic, installation, maintenance and repair work on a variety of automotive and other mechanical equipment and performs highly specialized repair or rebuild work.
- Diagnoses problems and performs highly skilled repairs on gasoline and diesel automobiles, trucks and other heavy equipment.
- Leads Motor Equipment Mechanics and Automotive Maintenance Workers and Heavy Equipment Operators by assigning, guiding and reviewing such work.
- Repairs and rebuilds engines, brake systems, clutches, transmissions, differential assemblies and other vehicle components.
- Repairs and replaces generators, alternators and ignition systems.
- Road tests a variety of vehicles to ensure adequacy of repair.
- May repair and rebuild heavy equipment such as graders, rollers, compressors, bulldozers, backhoes, front-end loaders and similar heavy or specialized equipment.
- May troubleshoot, repair or adjust hydraulic systems; may remove and replace components of hydraulic systems.
- Completes reports detailing nature and extent of repairs.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school boards policies and the professional standards.
Maximum Salary 27.43
Minimum Salary 22.41
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Five years of experience in the maintenance and repair of automotive and other mechanical equipment.
- Maryland Class A Restricted Commercial driver?s license, or an equivalent out-of-state driver?s license.
- Knowledge of the operation and repair of various gasoline and diesel vehicles and specialized equipment, including engines, transmissions, clutch assemblies and other complex components.
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment and machinery used in the repair of gasoline and diesel vehicles and equipment.
- Knowledge of safety practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of repair and MSDE requirements for school buses.
- Skilled in overhauling engines, transmissions, fuel systems, electrical systems and other major components on vehicles and specialized equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret service manuals, parts catalogs, schematics and written work rules.
- Ability to prepare and maintain records.
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts ?undergraduate, graduate and all MSDE Certifications
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
- All documentation must be scanned and uploaded to application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
If you wish to apply for this position, click the Register and Apply Now Button below.
Baltimore City Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from bi-lingual or multi-lingual candidates.
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Manager, 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208, Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax). This position is affiliated with the City Union of Baltimore (CUB) bargaining unit.