Performs a variety of accounting tasks specific to the assigned area. Work with Financial Analysts and Senior Financial Analysts in managing budgets and financial accounts.
- Compiles and assembles accounting data and records data on various documents.
- Reviews, reconciles and audits accounts, special funds and records.
- Posts encumbrances, expenditures, revenues and disbursements to general and subsidiary ledgers and journals.
- Allocates costs to a variety of activities.
- Monitors and accounts for revenues, assets, liabilities, invoices and expenses.
- Determines accounting adjustments and posts adjusted entries to accounting records.
- Reconciles and balances accounts to ensure accuracy.
- Compiles and writes special and recurring financial statements and reports.
- Prepares and monitors budgets as assigned.
- Collects budget data and recommends budget expenditures.
- Collects and compiles payroll data.
- May provide guidance and instruction to assigned clerical personnel.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school board?s policies and the professional standards.
Maximum Salary 69326.00
Minimum Salary 55222.00
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field. Degree must be from an accredited college or institution.
- Two years accounting experience.
- Additional accounting experience may be substituted on a year for year basis for up to two years of the education requirement.
- Knowledge of accounting and routine auditing practices and procedures.
- Ability to maintain accounts and financial reports.
- Analytical ability.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of technical computer applications including Microsoft Excel.
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts ?undergraduate, graduate and all MSDE Certifications
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
- All documentation must be scanned and uploaded to application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
Baltimore City Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from bi-lingual or multi-lingual candidates.
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Manager, 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208, Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax).