Provides confidential secretarial and administrative support to an Executive Director and manages the clerical and administrative support activities for this senior executive's office. Functions as an extension of the Executive Director relieving him or her of administrative details. Requires the exercise of considerable discretion and independent judgment and action in regularly handling highly complex and confidential matters. Requires the regular application of knowledge of the substantive work of the division and associated departments, their objectives, and lines of communication. Performs office management duties and may be responsible for assigning, reviewing, and coordinating work of clerical personnel.
- Directs the administrative activities for the assigned office.
- Interprets administrative decisions and policies, and transmits orders and instructions with the authority of the supervisor. Works collaboratively with senior staff regarding completion of assignments from the Officer or Director.
- Manages the schedule of the Chief Officer and ensures their preparation for meetings and events.
- Assists in developing and monitoring departmental budgets.
- Screens and handles requests and inquiries as deemed appropriate. Processes sensitive and confidential information. Receives and directs inquiries to appropriate staff.
- Examines, recommends, and implements policies and procedures.
- Represents the Chief Officer at meetings, presenting and discussing administrative matters as directed.
- Monitors program activities to insure compliance with Federal, State and City affirmative action requirements.
- Composes and drafts correspondence, researches and prepares reports.
- Prepares and formats presentations and related materials.
- Drafts and/or prepares manuscripts, statements, tables, forms and other documents from corrected copy, rough draft or instructions.
- Monitors the status/action of CEO cabinet delegated assignments and/or tasks.
- Develops and oversees the maintenance of administrative manuals, guides, and filing systems.
- Orders necessary equipment and materials and monitors annual purchases for control of supply costs.
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills that ensure effective teambuilding and understanding of the team process.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school board?s policies and the professional standards.
Maximum Salary 63000.00
Minimum Salary 54600.00
- Bachelor's degree. Degree must be from an accredited college or institution.
- Two years of experience providing administrative support to a department head or senior manager.
- Additional administrative support experience may be substituted on a year for year basis for the education requirement.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of administrative analysis.
- Knowledge of office practices and protocol.
- Knowledge of principles and procedures of office management and supervision.
- Knowledge of standard record maintenance procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient skill in the use of technical computer applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook or similar package.
- Must be able to pass a Typing Assessment, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel exam.
- Skill in planning and coordinating administrative and/or clerical functions.
- Skills in setting work priorities and assigning work.
- Skill in expressing ideas and abstract thoughts clearly in both written and oral form.
- Ability to conduct administrative and organizational studies and to make recommendations for improvements.
- Ability to collect, compiles, analyze data, assemble information and prepare reports.
- Ability to interpret the administrative policies and procedures of the City Schools.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, officials and employees.
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and execute multiple, complicated and continuing assignments in a timely manner.
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts ?undergraduate, graduate and all MSDE Certifications
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
- All documentation must be scanned and uploaded to application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org/Departments/hr/benefits/index.asp
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Manager, 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208, Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax).This position is not affiliated with any bargaining unit.