Complete assigned work at the journeyman level in the repair or new installation of all plumbing in the facility and grounds.
- Responds to service calls, work orders, repair broken lines and parts as needed.
- Performs preventive maintenance on pumps and lift stations.
- Repairs, installs, or adjusts life station pumps, floats and switches.
- Repairs or installs valves, faucets, water closets, urinals.
- Swears and silver solders various types of pipes and tubing.
- Installs or repairs sprinkler system.
- Sets clocks for pump and sprinkler systems.
- Unclogs drains, vents and grease traps.
- Estimates and makes out material list for various jobs.
- Cuts and threads various type pipes and tubing.
- Operates jack hammer, concrete saws, hammer drills, sewer machines and other equipment used in the plumbing field.
- Works in other areas of maintenance and overtime may be required.
- Uses effective positive interpersonal communication skills.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school board policies and professional standards.
Maximum Salary 19.59
Minimum Salary 16.70
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Four years experience at a skilled journeyman level.
- Valid Maryland driver's license required at time of employment; must obtain a Maryland Commercial Driver's License (CDL), Class B with passenger and air brake endorsement within one year of hire date.
- Considerable knowledge of standard methods, practices, tools and material of the plumbing trade. Knowledge and ability to repair or install potable water system, underground sprinkler systems, as well as a drain waste and vent system as required.
- Ability to repair, adjust or replace lift station pumps. Ability to follow oral and written instructions without immediate supervision and to direct and supervise the work of a small crew of helpers.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, sketches and to prepare rough pencil sketches for new installation of water and waste lines.
- Knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of the plumbing trade. Knowledge of codes and regulations with regard to sanitary plumbing systems.
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts ?undergraduate and graduate if applicable
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation must be scanned and uploaded to application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
Baltimore City Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from bi-lingual or multi-lingual candidates.
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Manager, 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208, Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax). This position is affiliated with Local 44 (L44) bargaining union.