Operates and maintains high-pressure steam boilers to provide power for the operation of systems and HVAC equipment.
- Operates and maintains stationary engines such as high pressure steam boilers to provide power for the operation of refrigeration, air conditioning and related
- Observes steam-flow meters and manipulative valves to bring meter readings within the specified
- Performs inspections, preventive maintenance, and minor repairs of boilers, pumps, fans, interior signal systems and air
- Provides filter changes and cleaning of unvents and air handlers.
- Provides pool operations cleaning of pool, testing of pool water, adding chemicals for water stabilization.
- Removes water samples from equipment, conducts chemical tests to determine water quality and adds corrective chemicals to water as
- Records meter readings and boiler room and mechanical maintenance activities in logbook; maintains daily operating
- Performs a wide variety of mechanical maintenance work as
- Maintains inventory and requisitions supplies with approval of
- Access roof top limits from ladder to change belts and perform PM's and check
- Change filters, valves and
- Cleans univents and performs PM's.
- Change ballasts and installs light
- Performs pool checks of mechanic equipment and testing of
- May give work direction to
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school board?s policies and the professional
Maximum Salary 27.56
Minimum Salary 22.83
- High school graduate or
- Three years experience in the operation and preventive maintenance of steam boilers and related equipment.
- First-grade stationary engineer?s certificate issued by the Maryland State Board of Examining Engineers.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Maryland Class C driver?s license and provide own transportation.
- Knowledge of high-pressure steam plant practices and procedures, standard steam plant safety practices, and mechanical maintenance techniques.
- Ability to read and understand manuals pertaining to operation and maintenance equipment.
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts ?undergraduate, graduate and all MSDE Certifications
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
- All documentation must be scanned and uploaded to application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
If you wish to apply for this position, click the Register and Apply Now Button below.
Baltimore City Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from bi-lingual or multi-lingual candidates.
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Manager, 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208, Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax). This position is affiliated with Local 44 (L44) bargaining union.