Operates low pressure steam or hot water boilers and provides work direction to lower level employees.
- Operates and performs preventive maintenance on low pressure steam or hot water boilers and related equipment to provide power for lighting and heating buildings and for the operation of refrigeration, air conditioning and hospital equipment.
- Assigns and reviews work of employees in the classes of Stationary Engineer (Low Pressure) and Stationary Boiler Maintenance Worker.
- Observes steam-flow meters and manipulates valves to bring meter readings within the specified requirements.
- Performs inspection, preventive maintenance, and minor repairs to boilers, pumps, fans and interior signal systems, compressors, air handling units, unit ventilators, generators and all fire safety equipment.
- Removes water samples from equipment, conducts chemical test to determine water quality, and adds corrective chemicals to water as needed.
- Records meter readings and boiler room and mechanical maintenance activities in logbook; maintains daily operating records.
- Documents problems related to operation and maintenance of boilers and related equipment; reports to superior on a daily basis and resolves problems accordingly.
- Requisitions repair work with approval of superior; maintains records of repairs done to boilers and related equipment and informs superior of quality of work performed.
- Maintains inventory and requisitions supplies with approval of supervisor.
- Access roof top units from ladder to change belts and perform PM?s and check operations.
- Change filters, valves and motors.
- Cleans univents and performs PM?s.
- Change ballasts and installs light bulbs.
- Performs pool checks of mechanic equipment and testing of water.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school board?s policies and the professional standards.
Maximum Salary 20.21
Minimum Salary 17.15
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Four years operation and preventive maintenance of low pressure boiler experience.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Maryland Class C driver?s license and provide own transportation.
- Second-grade stationary engineer?s certificate issued by the Maryland State Board of Examining Engineers required.
- Knowledge of low pressure steam and hot water plant practices and procedures, standard steam and hot water plant safety practices, and mechanical maintenance techniques.
- Ability to read gauges and meters.
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals pertaining to operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Ability to assign and review the work of others.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts ?undergraduate, graduate if applicable
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
Baltimore City Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from bi-lingual or multi-lingual candidates.
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Manager, 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208, Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax). This position is affiliated with Local 44 (L44) bargaining union.