Under the direction of the Director - Food and Nutrition Services, and in accordance with the strategic plan and operational goals and objectives of the Department, assist in developing and administering the food service programs through technical and organizational expertise. Primary areas of responsibility include analyzing financial and participation data; support in planning and preparing the operational budget; monitoring expenses and revenues; serve as liaison to the Offices of Human Capital and Information Technology; coordinate District food and nutrition initiatives with schools and outside partners and stakeholders; identify and recommend program changes as necessary; assist Director in developing, analyzing and monitoring performance outcomes and strategic initiatives; develop and coordinate special projects studies and reports; recommend the implementation of new and updated technology for operational effectiveness.
- Assist in developing and utilizing an aligned strategic plan for Food and Nutrition. Use key measures to determine progress and opportunities for improvement.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual operating budget for the Food and Nutrition Enterprise Fund with supporting data necessary for clarification to the Chief Financial Officer and Chief Executive Officer.
- Establish price structure and fiscal controls to assure a fiscally sound and self-supporting operation.
- Monitor revenue and expenditures in accordance with approved operating budget. Recommend transfers or supplemental appropriations as necessary.
- Coordinate District food improvement initiatives in accordance with strategic plan.
- Gather, research and prepare data for presentations to internal and external partners and community groups
- Act as liaison with the Offices of Human Capital and Information Technology (IT) for all Food and Nutrition systems and data.
- Coordinate work with schools and external partners who are concerned with food services and nutrition programs and other related areas.
- Develop standards for food and labor costs.
- Review program operations for cost effectiveness and conformance with program regulations.
- Direct the administration of the free and reduced price meal (FARMS) program.
- Develop procurement strategies to maximize food purchases from local farms and other sources.
- Demonstrate through role modeling high expectations, positive relationships and cultural competence.
- Develop strategies for professional development for all staff.
- Demonstrate strong commitment to customer service and keep abreast of new ideas in food services programs through participation in professional organizations at the local, state and national level.
- Keep knowledgeable regarding ongoing and new program development. Review new research studies and reports and evaluate findings and recommend changes or modifications to improve existing operations.
- Perform related work as required.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school board?s policies and the professional standards.
Maximum Salary 110250.00
Minimum Salary 94500.00
- Bachelor?s degree in Food & Nutrition, Institutional Management, Business Administration, or related field. Master?s degree preferred. Degree?s must be from an accredited college or institution
- Two years administrative/leadership experience
- Experience in managing professional and support staff and in preparing and managing budgets
- Knowledge of the procedures, policies, practices and methods of food service operation
- Knowledge of local, state and federal regulations regarding food services nutritional standards, dietary guidelines and reporting requirements
- Knowledge of profit and loss analysis and procurement procedures
- Knowledge of the preparation and administration of budgets and reports
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including ability to make effective presentations
- Interpersonal skills that ensure effective teambuilding
- Proficient in the knowledge and use of technical computer applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook or comparable software
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts ?undergraduate, graduate if applicable
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
Baltimore City Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from bi-lingual or multi-lingual candidates.
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Manager, 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208, Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax).