The Family & Community Engagement (FCE) Specialist works collaboratively with schools, parent groups, and community partners to develop and implement effective family, community engagement, and communications strategies at the school level.
- Assists schools in development and implementation of an effective family and community engagement strategy at the school level.
- Identifies training opportunities that address school needs and ensures the training opportunities are provided to schools? personnel, families, and partners within network.
- Educates and trains assigned schools on FCE policies, procedures, and processes.
- Provides technical assistance, monitors schools? progress, and keeps parents informed and involved in No Child Life Behind (NCLB) Title 1 activities.
- Works collaboratively with organized parent groups at identified set of schools to help those groups work effectively with schools.
- Assists in recruiting and maintaining partnership relationships with identified constituencies in support of city public schools.
- Facilitates communications between school personnel, families, and partners, including supporting strategies on use of school websites, publications, social media and marketing tools.
- Assists schools in addressing parent complaints as needed.
- Prepares reports for school support network leadership team review.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school board policies, and the professional standards
Maximum Salary 76034.00
Minimum Salary 61281.00
- Bachelor?s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university
- Three years experience in training, systems change, community organizing, communications or development in a nonprofit, government or business setting
- Experience working with community based or family supporting organizations
- Experience developing and maintaining relationships with volunteer and community partners
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to make effective public presentations
- Excellent organization skills and follow through
- Interpersonal skills that emphasize team-building
- Ability to analyze data and systems that can affect parents
- Ability to learn communications systems and train others
- Ability to engage parents and the community in school activities
- Ability to organize networks of support for programs or institutions
- Ability to work effectively in high-paced environment with deadlines and multiple stakeholder viewpoints.
- Proficiency in using computer and web-site applications including databases, Microsoft Office applications, and email
- Valid Class C Non-Commercial driver?s license and daily access to personal transportation
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts ?undergraduate, graduate
- Upload copies of certifications
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
Baltimore City Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from bi-lingual or multi-lingual candidates.
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Manager, 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208, Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax).