Gives work direction to a crew of laborers and/or vehicle drivers and drives vehicles of all weights and sizes.
- Assigns and reviews work and gives work direction in the field to a crew of laborers and vehicle drivers.
- Drives automobiles, vans, trucks and a variety of other vehicles of all weights and sizes.
- Drives and operates vehicles equipped with snow plows and salt spreaders.
- Performs preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Performs building, grounds or highway maintenance, utility operation or maintenance, trash collection, landfill operation, vehicle loading and unloading and other labor tasks.
- Inspects vehicles periodically to assure the maintenance of safe driving conditions.
- Performs laboring task.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school boards policies and the professional standards.
Maximum Salary 20.21
Minimum Salary 17.15
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- One year experience in the operation of motor vehicles.
- Maryland Class A or B Commercial driver?s license or an equivalent out-of-state driver?s license.
- Skilled in the safe operation of automobiles, trucks, tractors and other vehicles of weights and sizes.
- Requires some evening, weekend, holiday or callback duty.
- Ability to communicate verbal instructions.
- Ability to perform preventive maintenance.
- Ability to perform laborer tasks.
- Ability to check for safe vehicle conditions.
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts ?undergraduate, graduate if applicable
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
Baltimore City Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from bi-lingual or multi-lingual candidates.
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Manager, 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208, Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax). This position is affiliated with Local 44 (L44) bargaining union.