Related positions are contingent on board approval
The School Support Special Education Liaison provides technical, administrative, and/or instructional support in the implementation of programs and services to ensure the appropriate delivery of special education and related services.
- Provides input into the development of programs and activities for students with disabilities.
- Works with school staff and network leadership to facilitate capturing and disseminating knowledge to and from schools.
- Investigates and negotiates resolutions across the key functions for students with disabilities (referral, placement, and service delivery).
- Provides technical assistance to regular and special educators to assist in skill development needed to include students with disabilities, to the greatest extent possible, in all aspects of the regular instructional program.
- Assists with the development of curriculum modifications that make City Schools? curriculum accessible to students with disabilities.
- Collaborates with principals regarding special education programming and the management of special education processes.
- Works with school staff to complete school based reviews of special education programs, services and student records; ensuring the completion of all actions necessary to remediate noncompliance.
- Recommends enhancements and/or changes to programs and services to facilitate ongoing improvements in operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensure compliance with all special education related policies, procedures, and requirements (federal, state and City Schools).
- Collects and analyzes data on special education programs, service provision and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Participates in the analysis of school and system level special education data to monitor and support schools, make recommendations for improvement, and complete follow-up activities.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school board policies and the professional standards.
Maximum Salary 104458.00
Minimum Salary 80987.00
- Master?s degree in special education or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Maryland State Department of Education Advanced Professional Certificate in Special Education or related field (additional content area certification highly preferred).
- Three years of successful experience in administrative or supervisory position that is related to programs for students/adults with disabilities.
- Knowledge of classroom content, structures, operations, and strategies that support a variety of students.
- Knowledge of organizational and operating procedures including the decision-making process, program planning, improvement strategies, and compliance.
- Knowledge of effective student, school, and district assessment tools.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and local special education mandates.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent communications and advocacy skills.
- Ability to complete assignments accurately, and within specified timelines.
- Proficient in the use of technical computer applications, including Microsoft Office.
- Valid Class C Noncommercial driver's license and daily access to personal transportation.
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts ?undergraduate, graduate and all MSDE Certifications
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
- All documentation must be scanned and uploaded to application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
Baltimore City Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from bi-lingual or multi-lingual candidates.
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Manager, 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208, Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax).