Provide oversight and leadership in the compliant implementation of the Title I Part A grant.
- Responsible for designing and developing a framework to assure that funds provided to the Baltimore City Public Schools under the Title I Part A are fully utilized in accordance with the program requirements.
- Monitors the implementation of the Title I Part A initiatives by ensuring that programs adhere to the established timelines.
- Tracks expenditures of each initiative to ensure that all funds are fully spent according to the approved grant.
- Completes all required reports from Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) and U.S. Department of Education (USDE).
- Provides technical assistance to internal and external stakeholders as requested.
- Works with Grants Administration to prepare and submit any needed amendments to MSDE.
- Conducts regularly scheduled sessions with stakeholders to assess program status and to address needs/concerns.
- Serves as liaison with MSDE on all grant issues and matters.
- Prepares annual grant updates as requested by MSDE or any internal department.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school boards policies and the professional standards.
Maximum Salary 79956.00
Minimum Salary 64616.00
- Bachelor?s degree in an educational field (required); Masters degree preferred
- Three years related experience in grants management or experience coordinating and/or implementing K-12 education programs
- Knowledge of No Child Left Behind (NCLB) and the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) guidelines and requirements
- Knowledge of grant management and reporting procedures, practices, and techniques
- Working knowledge of budget design and accounting procedures
- Ability to work independently and, when necessary and appropriate, collaboratively with central office and school staff
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze quantitative data and develop reports to monitor implementation status and initiative success of extended learning programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to make effective presentations to diverse audiences
- Interpersonal skills that ensure effective teambuilding
- Proficient in the use of computer applications including Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts ?undergraduate, graduate and all MSDE Certifications
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
- All documentation must be scanned and uploaded to application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
Baltimore City Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from bi-lingual or multi-lingual candidates.
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Manager, 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208, Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax).This position is affiliated with the Paraprofessionals and School Related Personnel (PSRP) bargaining unit.