Manages and promotes participation of Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) and Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) in Baltimore City Public Schools' bid-purchasing program. Serve as a resource and consultant on MBE and WBE related matters. Oversees the daily operations of subordinates within the MBE/WBE office.
- Develops maximum participation of minority and women owned businesses in Baltimore City Public Schools bid-purchasing process.
- Reviews purchasing requirements and identifies minority and women owned business sources of materials and services.
- Reviews lists of vendors who receive notifications and insures inclusion of minority and women owned businesses on list. Establishes and maintains an updated list of eligible businesses.
- Consults with minority and women owned business vendors to identify barriers preventing participation in the bidding process and attempts to remove barriers. Encourages eligible businesses to obtain Minority Business Enterprise certification. Assists businesses in the purchasing bid application process.
- Serves as liaison to other agencies that eliminate discrimination barriers.
- Contacts vendors during and after bidding process to assist in resolving problems.
- Promotes among school system staff and user departments an understanding of and sensitivity to the importance of incorporating minority and women owned business firms in purchasing transactions.
- Develops and implements compliance program including desk audits and site visits.
- Supervises work of subordinate(s).
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school board policies and the professional standards.
Maximum Salary 94500.00
Minimum Salary 84000.00
- Bachelor?s degree in related field of study. Degree must be from an accredited college or institution.
- Five years responsible experience in purchasing, including two years of experience in promoting the participation of small and minority businesses in the bid-purchasing process.
- Knowledge of the techniques in eliminating purchasing barriers for small business and minority contractors.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of purchasing.
- Knowledgeable of applicable statutes and legislation regarding MBE. Specific knowledge of Baltimore City or State of Maryland program preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to make persuasive presentations.
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in the use of technical computer applications, in manipulating electronic databases, and in the use of Microsoft Office application, particularly Excel.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts ?undergraduate, graduate if applicable
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
Baltimore City Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from bi-lingual or multi-lingual candidates.For information regarding this posting, please contact the Human Capital Office at 410-396-8885.
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Manager, 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208, Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax). This position is not affiliated with any bargaining unit.