Functions as a lead worker in the installation, maintenance, and repair of piping systems and equipment. Determines labor and material needed to complete a task. Provides guidance and training to other pipe fitters.
- Assigns, reviews, participates in and approves the work of other pipe fitters.
- Makes estimates of labor and materials to be used for installations, repairs, adjustments and related tasks; writes requisitions for materials.
- Installs, repairs, replaces and maintains piping systems including air, steam, water, sewer and gas lines, faucets, traps, vents, flushometers and similar equipment.
- Installs and repairs washbasins, drinking fountains, toilets, urinals and similar equipment.
- Makes repairs and adjustments to heat regulating and pumping systems; installs and repairs valves.
- Assists in the training of new employees.
- Operates drain cleaning equipment such as suction cups and cable machines to open drains and sanitary lines.
- Completes routine forms and maintains records.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school boards policies and the professional standards.
Maximum Salary 19.59
Minimum Salary 16.70
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Three years of pipefitting experience.
- Maryland Noncommercial Class C or equivalent driver?s license.
- Knowledge of the methods, techniques, tools, materials and equipment of the plumbing or pipefitting trade.
- Knowledge of plumbing codes and standards.
- Journeyman skill in the trade.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and sketches.
- Ability to effectively interact with others.
- Ability to provide training, guidance, and instruction to other pipe fitters.
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts ?undergraduate and graduate if applicable
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation must be scanned and uploaded to application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
Baltimore City Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from bi-lingual or multi-lingual candidates.
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Manager, 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208, Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax). This position is affiliated with Local 44 (L44) bargaining union.