Functioning at an advanced level of technical expertise, supports application development, implementation and maintenance efforts across the Information Technology Department. Works on all phases of application systems analysis and development activities.
- Maintains and enhances existing programs and reports using appropriate development languages and application development tools and environments.
- Designs logical and functional data models and designs data administration models using development and/or systems analysis skills.
- Reviews, corrects and/or develops application code to address user needs or resolve user problems.
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives for defined projects. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written. Responsible for program design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems taking into consideration computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time and form of desired results.
- Utilizes experience and judgement to analyze objectives, determine the best implementation strategy and achieve appropriate results with minimal technical assistance.
- Develops documentation and user training modules.
- Interfaces with application users, database administrators and special project teams.
- Maintains technical knowledge of all phases of applications systems analysis and development, and has good understanding of the business or function for which application is designed.
- Participates as technical expert in design development, coding, testing, and debugging of new software or significant enhancements to existing software.
- Participates in the design, development, and testing of communications software interface programs.
- May develop solutions to address user needs and interfaces with users as required to define needs.
- Participates in the implementation and testing process.
- Works with technical staff to understand problems with software and develops specifications to resolve them.
- Resolves customer complaints and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Participates in the development of software user manuals.
- Functions as team leader on less complex projects as assigned.
- Assists in training less experienced software development staff.
- Maintains an advanced technical knowledge of two BCPSS enterprise application programs, databases, operating systems, customer data retrieval processes, or network configurations.
- Participates in the training programs offered to increase technical, interpersonal and communication skills and proficiency related to the projects to which assigned.
- Utilizes tact and exercises good judgement in interacting with the general public, school and central office personnel.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school board policies and professional standards.
Maximum Salary 87274.00
Minimum Salary 70532.00
- Master?s degree in Computer Science or closely related field and one year directly related experience; or a Bachelor?s degree in Computer Science or a closely related field and technical certification(s) and two years directly related experience; or a Bachelor?s degree in Computer Science or a closely related field and three years directly related experience; or an Associates degree in Computer Science or a closely related field and technical certification(s) and four years directly related experience; or an Associate?s degree in Computer Science or a closely related field and six years directly related experience; or a High School degree and technical certification(s) and eight years directly related experience; or a High School degree and ten years directly related experience.
- Advanced knowledge of communication protocols, hardware, and real-time operating system development.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
This position is affiliated with the Paraprofessionals and School Related Personnel (PSRP) bargaining unit.
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts ?undergraduate, graduate and all MSDE Certifications
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
- All documentation must be scanned and uploaded to application
- Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org