Related positions are contingent on board approval.
Responsible for providing direction and leadership in the management and supervision of all related services as it directly impacts instructional programing and activities for Baltimore City Public Schools. Directs central administrative and school-based activities relevant to the provision of special education and related services to ensure the delivery of specially designed instruction for all Baltimore City Public Schools in accordance with legal mandates.
- Directs and monitors the provision of IEP services provided by school psychologists, speech/language pathologists, audiologists, social workers, occupational therapists, physical therapists, and assistive technology.
- Directs the development, implementation and management of Baltimore City Public Schools? related service and instruction delivery models.
- Assists with developing formulas for determining related service full time equivalents (FTEs) based upon time utilization data and National Association recommendations for staffing clinical service staff.
- Directs the development and interpretation of policies and procedures for Baltimore City Public Schools? related service providers, teachers and support staff.
- Directs the development, planning, implementation and evaluation of professional development activities for all related service providers, teachers and support staff in Baltimore City Public Schools?.
- Directs and ensures the provision of clinical technical support and consultation to related service providers, other Baltimore City Public Schools? staff, and parents.
- Directs the administration of related service contractual services.
- Provides leadership in re-deploying clinical services staff, assigning contractual staff, etc. as needed to ensure service delivery compliance.
- Directs the selection and evaluation of assessment instruments, materials, and supplies for use by clinicians.
- Meets regularly with Baltimore City Public Schools? contractual providers and ensures training in all Baltimore City Public Schools policy and procedures.
- Works in collaboration with other Baltimore City Public School District Offices.
- Assists in the development and management of budgets for area of responsibility. Develops and monitors time and expense project budgets.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school boards policies and the professional standards.
Maximum Salary 109896.00
Minimum Salary 86426.00
- Master?s degree in special education, education administration, or related clinical service area
- MSDE certification and/or Maryland Licensure in a related clinical service area, School Administrator I (required) and II (preferred).
- Seven years? successful years of supervisory or management experience in clinical/ educational setting.
- Specific experience in the interpretation and implementation of federal and state legislation and guidelines governing education and the Individualized Educational Program (IEP) process.
- Documented experience and participation in the IEP process.
- Experience in the provision of crisis intervention.
- Experience in planning and conducting professional staff development activities.
- Awareness of current research and trends relevant to related services and instructional best practices.
- Knowledge of legal mandates and regulations governing the provision of special education and related services.
- Knowledge of organizational and operating procedures including the decision-making process, program planning, improvement strategies, and compliance.
- Knowledge of budgeting, evaluation and instructional programming.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills that ensure productive interaction and effective team building.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word computer applications and data management.
- Ability to use effective public relations, interpersonal, organizational, leadership and supervisory skills for the successful implementation of special education and related services.
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts undergraduate, graduate and all MSDE Certifications
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
- All documentation must be scanned and uploaded to application
- Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, click the Register and Apply Now Button below.
Baltimore City Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from bi-lingual or multi-lingual candidates. For information regarding this posting, please contact the Human Capital Office at 410-396-8885.
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Manager, 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208, Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax). This position is not affiliated with any bargaining unit.