At Rocketship Public Schools, we believe in the infinite possibility of human potential.
We believe that every student deserves the right to dream, to discover, and to develop their unique potential. And it is our responsibility and our privilege to unleash the potential inside every Rocketeer we serve. Our non-profit network of public elementary charter schools propels student achievement, develops exceptional educators, and partners with parents who enable high-quality public schools to thrive in their community. We are a collective of parents, teachers, leaders, and students working together to transform the future for underserved communities across our country. At Rocketship Public Schools, we are unleashing potential.
The Senior Accountant is a full-time, exempt position. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for Accounting of a Holding Financial Entity and assistance with accounting for main Entity of the company. The successful candidate will have experience with accounting processes and principles including multi-entity account reconciliations, Intra-company transactions, creating journal entries, Month-End Close activities, multi company Payroll Entries and reconciliations of Payroll related accounts, Financial Audit Assistance, be comfortable working with complex financial data and systems, and look to form collaborative working relationships. The Senior Accountant will analyze General Ledger Account transactions, Create and Update General ledger Accounts reconciliation, Assistance with documenting Accounting Processes and Procedures, Process Intra-company Billings and book Intra-company transactions. The candidate will also support the use and optimization of accounting systems. Rocketship is a growing, national education organization with a mission focused team aiming to close the educational achievement gap. Learn more at www.rsed.org.
- Accounting for a Holding Financial company entity
- Independently reconcile accounts, create journal entries and work across multiple entities
- Researching and analyzing general ledger accounts
- Month-End Journal Entries and Account Reconciliations
- Assist in the implementation of new systems and automation of accounting processes
- Commitment and passion for Rocketship's mission, vision, and goals
- 5-6 years minimum experience in accounting and finance with complex structures
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Strong understanding of, and experience with, accounting principles and financial statements
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and strong general information systems experience and skills
- Experience with accounting systems, such as Intacct, Netsuite, required
- Experience with Non Profit and Bond Accounting is desirable but not required
- CPA Certification is a plus
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Ability to creatively translate large amounts of data into useful information and actionable conclusions
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and communicate with both adults and children. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally climb ladders. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to high. Compensation:
Commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus excellent health and welfare benefits, 403b retirement plan, flexible spending account (FSA), and generous paid time off.
Rocketship Public Schools provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Rocketship Public Schools complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Rocketship Public Schools expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Rocketship Public Schools' employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated. Click here for our Sexual Harassment Policy
and here for our Title IX Policy
. For questions, concerns, or complaints, please contact Equity/Discrimination Title IX Compliance Officer, Email: [email protected]
Address: 350 Twin Dolphin Drive, Suite 109, Redwood City, CA 94065. Phone: 877-806-0920 ext. 115.