Provides administrative support in the planning, development, implementation and administration of federally funded programs. The Staff Associate, under direction of the Director, facilitates communication with nonpublic schools regarding the Title I and II funded equitable services programs.
- Performs a variety of professional tasks and assignments in support of the implementation of Title funded programs.
- Supports the administration of the Title I and Title II allocations to charter and nonpublic schools.
- Tracks expenditures of Title funded programs to ensure that funds are spent according to the approved spending plans and within established timelines.
- Supports monitoring and reviews of documentation to determine compliance for Title funded programs.
- Supports maintenance of documentation in support of MSDE monitoring reviews.
- Recommends and implements operational and accountability improvements based on thorough and broad analysis of program needs.
- Collects, analyzes, and reports on data associated with the implementation of Title funded programs.
- Conducts site visits to ensure implementation and compliance of Title funded programs.
- Plans and implements program focus groups, and information sessions for staff and/or community groups.
- Develops and disseminates information to schools, families and communities.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with Equal Opportunity Employment and nondiscrimination polices; follows federal laws, state laws, school board policies and the professional standards.
Maximum Salary 81555.00
Minimum Salary 65908.00
- Bachelor?s degree in an educational field of study. Degree must be from an accredited college or institution.
- One to three years? experience in grants management or experience coordinating and/or implementing K-12 education programs.
- Working knowledge of budget design and accounting principles.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of school staff, administrators, and private institutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills that ensure effective team building
- Proficient in the use of computer applications, including Microsoft Office.
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts ?undergraduate, graduate and all MSDE Certifications
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
- All documentation must be scanned and uploaded to application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age in its employment, programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts of America and other designated youth groups. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact Equal Opportunity Manager, Title IX Coordinator Equal Employment Opportunity and Title IX Compliance Office 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208 Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax).This position is affiliated with the Paraprofessionals and School Related Personnel (PSRP) bargaining unit.