City Year Washington, DC seeks a Manager, Corporate and Foundation Partnerships, to lead the organization’s institutional fundraising efforts. This individual will build and steward engaging and sustainable partnerships with corporations and foundations to support a growing organization. The Manager will report to the Managing Director of Development, as well as work closely with the entire City Year DC development team, impact staff, corps, boards, and other volunteers.
- Work with the Managing Director of Development to strategize, set, communicate, and implement all plans, processes, and goals around institutional fundraising.
- Maintain a portfolio of corporate and foundation partners and prospects to meet annual revenue goals, inclusive of a strategic moves management plan to direct and monitor the progress of funding relationships.
- Track all deadlines in CYDC’s CRM for corporate and foundation deliverables (reports, proposals, etc.), and work with Regional Grant Writer to deliver grant proposals and reports for corporate and foundation funders.
- Facilitate the Team and Program Sponsorship partnership programs, identifying, securing, engaging, and retaining partners who can give at the Team Sponsor ($100,000+) and Program Sponsor levels ($25,000+). Steward Team and Program Sponsors by learning and understanding partners’ philanthropic mission and working with partners to determine the best engagement and recognition opportunities.
- Collaborate with national City Year network to develop multi-site, regional, and national funding opportunities.
- Develop a variety of collateral (grant proposals, letters, presentations, sales collateral, and reports) for existing and potential corporate and foundation partners; make dynamic presentations to same audiences to sell, upgrade, and renew gifts.
Cultivation and Stewardship
- Ensure the successful stewardship of current corporate and foundation donor relationships by managing appropriate frequency of outreach, communication, appreciation and involvement.
- Work with staff and key volunteers to develop, execute and evaluate strategies to engage institutional partners through outreach, education, invitations to special events, and personal contacts; support implementation of funded programs and initiatives.
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications Manager to create and implement donor communications and acknowledgement related to cultivation and stewardship of corporate partners.
- Work closely with the Development team and Site Board to identify, engage, and cultivate a robust pipeline of corporate and foundation prospects that can make annual investments at the $10,000+ level.
- Leverage existing City Year programs, including Team and Program Sponsors, corporate service days, annual Idealist Gala, and specialty market events to attract new partners.
- Partner with other development team members to identify and leverage opportunities in respective portfolios to help cultivate new relationships (ie: individual leaders within our corporate partnerships, event sponsors that could support at an operational level, etc.) to build a robust prospect pipeline
- Contribute to and participate in prospecting meetings and pipeline meetings
Project and Event Management
- Work closely with Special Events Manager, as well as larger Development team, to leverage events to meaningfully engage corporate sponsors and prospects.
- Work with the Civic Engagement Manager to implement corporate service days.
- Work with the Development Operations Manager to ensure accurate tracking and reporting of institutional gifts and engagement using City Year’s Salesforce CRM.
- Partner with the Development Operations Manager and other team members to hold regular prospecting, pipeline, revenue forecasting, and moves management meetings.
Organizational Initiatives & Site Support
- All staff members support AmeriCorps member recruitment, including phone calls and interviews. Staff members also assist with Impact initiatives throughout the year, including Summer Leadership Academy, physical service events, and more.
- Other duties as assigned by the Managing Director of Development or site leadership.
Compensation and Benefits
Full time employees are entitled to compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits for full time employees include health insurance with Flexible Spending Account, paid vacation, holidays, parental leave, 401K, and more.
City Year is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including persons with disabilities and veterans.