The Development Operations and Events Manager supports City Year Denver’s efforts to reach its yearly private revenue goal through the implementation of external City Year Denver events and management of the Development Department’s fundraising database and internal processes.
The position will report to the Managing Director, Development (MDD). The ideal candidate for the position is detail-oriented and highly organized individual interested in a career in development and nonprofit management. The position will work in partnership with the Development staff to lead and/or assist in many areas of development such as event management, donor fulfillment, and database management for accurate and timely donor reporting.
- The position will oversee creative and inspirational events that powerfully communicate City Years’ service, impact, and need for support
- With the support of the Development Department, serve as the main event lead and producer in planning major fundraising events, cultivation events, school visits, and work in collaboration on professional development and leadership days with the Impact Department, and annual campaigns
- Oversee all event logistics and internal planning meetings (event timelines, creating run-of- shows and Q2Q’s, venue scheduling, and budget tracking)
- Manage cross-department City Year Denver staff and AmeriCorps members assisting with event planning and implementation
- In partnership with MDD, draft scripts, guest memos/invitations, and speaker talking points
- Collaborate with City Year HQ staff on designing event collateral and create and manage all communications to event guests
- In partnership with Impact staff, coach and prepare City Year AmeriCorps members for their roles within events
- Review run-of-show for City Year staff and AmeriCorps members prior to the event
- Maintain database of event invites and rsvp’s in partnership with Operations staff and help create follow-up engagement plan for event attendees
- Execute follow-up engagement plan for event attendees
- Facilitate debriefs of events with City Year staff, AmeriCorps members, Board of Directors, and/or event committee members
- Data tracking, history, trends, reporting and data analysis
- Create new accounts (households and organizations) and donor opportunities in the Salesforce database
- Ensure that accounts, donor opportunities, and donations are all accurately linked along with their corresponding contacts and activities in Salesforce
- Set up and maintain online giving for major events
- Support when needed gift and tax credit processing
- In collaboration with HQ troubleshoot any database management issues and run donor tracking reports as needed
- Upload account activities and all other corresponding documentation on an as needed basis
- Request and organize research from HQ on donor prospects
- Serve as the Development Operations point for regional trainings and calls
- Lead with some donor communications such as holiday cards, e-communication, and end-of-year reports
- Act as site point for City Year Denver’s website related to donor and event updates, providing updates as needed
- Follow up and respond to other donor requests, as needed
- In partnership with the Development staff and in coordination with impact team, serve service relationships between mentors and AmeriCorps members
- Oversee communications and activities related to the program
- A fundraising goal will be part of the program and determined with MDD as overall goal including annual giving campaigns
Organizational Initiatives and Site Support:
- Work closely with fellow Development staff to understand priorities and business goals and develop strategies to meet the organization’s needs.
- Provide additional administrative support to Executive Director and Managing Director, Development when required
- Partner with City Year Denver’s departments and staff to ensure that site-wide goals are met, including, but not limited to, stakeholder engagement, event and service day participation, and cross-departmental committees.
- Event management and development experience and proven track record of success
- Knowledge of marketing, event planning and communication best practices
- Outstanding planning skills – capacity to imagine, plan and implement
- Excellent written, oral, and computer skills
- Attention to detail, ability to take direction, and a commitment to quality work
- Prompt, flexible, willingness to learn and organized
- Capable of working individually and on a team
- Hunger to work at a fast-paced nonprofit
- Commitment to service and passion for education
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Resume and Cover Letter
Compensation and Benefits
Full time employees are entitled to compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits for full time employees include health insurance with Flexible Spending Account, paid vacation, holidays, parental leave, 401K, and more.
City Year is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including persons with disabilities and veterans.