Performs a variety of moderately complex office support work.
- Maintains files and record systems requiring knowledge of a variety of indexing methods.
- Operates a variety of office machines and equipment.
- Answers telephone calls and provides information regarding office functions, operations and procedures.
- Gives information to or elicits information from the public to properly complete forms and procedures.
- Screens forms and documents to determine accuracy and completeness of information.
- Receives, lifts, sorts, stacks, delivers and distributes mail and other materials. Operates manual, motor vehicles, or other equipment to transport mail and materials.
- Orders and maintains a supply of office materials.
- Compiles and organizes data for reports.
- Uses computers to enter timekeeping and payroll data, prepare reports, and maintain information.
- Prepares forms and documents for distribution.
- Performs filing and maintains simple logs and records.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school boards policies and the professional standards.
Maximum Salary 19.01
Minimum Salary 15.48
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- One year office support experience.
- Knowledge of English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures including office protocol and various filing procedures.
- Good oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform arithmetic computations accurately.
- Ability to interact courteously with other employees and the public, both in person and by telephone.
- Ability to locate and retrieve information from a variety of sources and to compile the information following general directions.
- Skilled in the use of personal computers and software applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts ?undergraduate, graduate and all MSDE Certifications
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
- All documentation must be scanned and uploaded to application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age in its employment, programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts of America and other designated youth groups. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact Equal Opportunity Manager, Title IX Coordinator Equal Employment Opportunity and Title IX Compliance Office 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208 Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax).This position is affiliated with the Paraprofessionals and School Related Personnel (PSRP) bargaining unit.