Establishes and maintains working relationships with employers, industry leaders, and public agencies to secure job openings and internship and vocational training opportunities with the intended purpose of securing employment for students of Baltimore City Public Schools. The individual will evaluate the desired background, analyze the skills necessary to perform a job, internship or vocational training with the intended purpose of matching students to these opportunities. This individual will work closely with schools to ensure that students are prepared to interview for and secure the desired position. POSITION IS GRANT FUNDED EXPIRING SEPTEMBER 30, 2020
- Interacts with employers to secure internships and competitive employment opportunities for students at varying levels (paid and unpaid experiences).
- Creates a database of community partners and internship and work-based experiences from which students and staff can access for potential employment opportunities.
- When necessary, creates job analysis of jobs to ensure that students are a good fit and possess adequate skills to perform tasks associated with internships and employment opportunities.
- Creates a running record of employment options available in various fields of employment to include, but not limited to a minimum of 20 additions to the list per month.
- Ensures updated accessibility of job vacancies for students and staff in terms of expectations in terms of the work.
- Works with Transition Unit Staff to propose names of qualified students to community partners.
- Provides monthly workshops on employability skills and time management, etc.
- Matches applicant skills and experience with employer?s/internship requirements.
- Develops Individualized Employment Plans for students to evaluate students? education, experience, training, knowledge and skills to fulfill positions.
- Works collaboratively with the Transition Team to ensure to secure 5 or more placements every month based on student transition goals and projected needs and preparedness of students to fulfill positions.
- Negotiates and develops transitional and permanent job opportunities with competitive wages through employers for lasting placement opportunities for students.
- Obtains a minimum of 2 new Memorandums of Understanding per month with partnering agencies to increase internship and employment opportunities for our students.
- Updates and maintains student records not selected for internships or work experiences and share with appropriate staff to support the students in their identified areas of need.
- Supports students in securing and retaining jobs, paid and non-paid work experiences.
- Monitors internships and work experiences to ensure that students meet with success in their internships, job placements and career objectives.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school boards policies and the professional standards.
Maximum Salary 81555.00
Minimum Salary 65908.00
- Bachelor?s degree in education or related field. Degree must be from an accredited college or institution.
- A minimum of three year?s job development experience with students.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and appropriate working relationships with school staff, faculty, students, families, and community partners.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of computer applications and able to learn new skills associated with district specific tools (e.g., Microsoft Office and Online Professional Learning software).
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts -undergraduate, graduate and all MSDE Certifications
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
- All documentation must be scanned and uploaded to application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age in its employment, programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts of America and other designated youth groups. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact Equal Opportunity Manager, Title IX Coordinator Equal Employment Opportunity and Title IX Compliance Office 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208 Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax).This position is affiliated with the Paraprofessionals and School Related Personnel (PSRP) bargaining unit.