Position at IDEA Public Schools About IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years - that's 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve nearly 53,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA will serve 100,000 students. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you-with continued growth in our current regions and new launches in Houston (2020), Permian Basin (2020), and Tampa Bay (2021)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video
. About San Antonio
San Antonio is the nation's 7 th largest city and boasts the highest rate of population growth across the U.S. As the San Antonio region continues to grow rapidly, IDEA is committed to increasing our community presence to provide the best experience for all families and children.
In May 2019, we welcomed our region's first graduating seniors. We believe through the hard work of our passionate IDEA Team & Family; college acceptance and matriculation can be realized. Currently, 1 in 6 San Antonio students' graduate college ready. Changing this statistic for the better is part of the promise IDEA makes to current and incoming students.
Join our IDEA San Antonio family as we are poised to serve 29,000 students at 37 local schools by 2022. Role Mission:
The Human Resources (HR) clerk provides administrative support to IDEA Public Schools Human Resources Department by partnering with the Regional Human Resources Manager to provide excellent customer service to all employees, respond to their questions/concerns via the HR Call Support Center ( Zendesk ) , assist with leave management, assist with worker' s compensation claims, assist with unemployment claims and reporting on HR data. The ideal candidate must be analytical, det ail-oriented and must have great communication skills.Previous experience in HR or experience in other administrative tasks in a educational setting is preferred. Accountabilities: 90% employee satisfaction rate for on exit survey for HR customer service
- Monitor HR Call Support Center (Zendesk) and ensure tickets are acknowledged within 12-hours and assign accordingly
- Answer questions employees have or refer them to the appropriate department
Respond to staff requests for Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Worker's Compensation and Unemployment Claims within 48-hours or sooner
- Maintains employee confidence and protects operations by keeping HR information confidential
- Send /complete paperwork for leave or on the job injury
- Ensure the HR data tracker is updated when leave I taken
- Track leave time in the system
100% regulatory compliance for all state/federal authorizers and regulatory agencies
- Ensure all the paperwork is complete and accurate prior to leave approval
- Answer questions employees have or refer them to the Regional HR Manager
- Maintaining current HR files and databases
Live Values of IDEA
- Maintaining records related to grievances and disciplinary actions
- Assist with audits as assigned
- Special projects to enable IDEA Public Schools to remain complaint in all areas of our work
- Believes and is committed to our mission: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Is driven by outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- Embodies IDEA's core values
Knowledge and Skills:
- High school diploma required
- Associates or Bachelor's preferred
- Exper ience in HR a plus
- K nowl edge of how to use Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.
- Proficiency skills in keyboarding and file maintenance required.
- Ability to work with numbers in an accurate and rapid manner required.
- Ability to interpret and disseminate information to individuals and groups
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Ability to perform under immen se pressure
- Ability to learn software programs and system processes with ease
- Efficient computer skills with thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office
Salaries for this role typically fall between $ 13.08/hour and $16.35/hour, commensurate with relevant qualifications and experience.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.