Conducts highly confidential and sensitive investigations in matters concerning employee misconduct, neglect of duties, and other illegal, unethical or improper activities. Gathers information through interviews, investigation and surveillance, and research. Functions with latitude for independent action and decision in collecting, reporting, and summarizing evidence and information.
- Plans and conducts complex investigations including witness interviews, on-site inspections, and collection of documents and evidence.
- May use various types of surveillance to gather information or verify facts.
- Performs computer database searches and reviews of files and public documents.
- Prepares and submits investigative reports.
- Analyzes evidence and reviews documents, reports, and other information.
- Submits comprehensive written summaries and recommendations for action, as appropriate.
- Maintains record of investigations.
- Assembles evidence and reports for hearings and court proceedings.
- Testifies at hearings and court proceedings.
- Serves subpoenas and legal documents.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school boards policies and the professional standards.
Maximum Salary 67200.00
Minimum Salary 56700.00
- High school diploma or GED
- Three years full time experience as an investigator in law enforcement, insurance, claims, administrative liability, private detective or related investigative work. (Experience as a patrol officer does not meet the experience qualification.)
- Valid Maryland driver's license and own transportation
- Working knowledge of modern interviewing and investigative techniques
- Knowledge of the legal process
- Skill in interviewing
- Proficient skills in the use of personal computers, the Internet, and Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to develop and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with School Police, BCPSS administrators, and external agencies
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work independently
- Ability to gather and analyze factual information and records
- Ability to deal with the public with tact, understanding, fairness, good judgment and integrity
- Ability to understand and explain laws, rules, regulations, and procedures
- Ability to act in a professional manner at all times, especially under adverse conditions
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to testify competently and professionally in court concerning findings of investigations
- Ability to operate a variety of equipment used in the investigative process including cameras and some surveillance equipment
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts -undergraduate, graduate and all MSDE Certifications
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
- All documentation must be scanned and uploaded to application
- Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age in its employment, programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts of America and other designated youth groups. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact Equal Opportunity Manager, Title IX Coordinator Equal Employment Opportunity and Title IX Compliance Office 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208 Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax).This position is not affiliated with any bargaining unit.