Position at IDEA Public Schools About IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years - that's 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve nearly 53,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA will serve 100,000 students. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you-with continued growth in our current regions and new launches in Houston (2020), Permian Basin (2020), and Tampa Bay (2021)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video
. Role Mission:
The CNP Operations Procurement Analyst is part of the CNP Team and is responsible for overseeing the administrative wellbeing of cafeteria operations nationally. The Procurement Analyst will be responsible for the managing procurement projects within CNP that include purchasing, contracting, sourcing and commodity management. They will b e able to generate project information for annual operating management as well as forecasting and creating cost analysis to formulate negotiation plans. The CNP Operations Procurement Analyst will d evelop plans and reports to provide recommendations on all purchasing related issues, provide trainings and develop project improvement initiatives. They will understand and internalize the organizational objectives that allows them to generate project information, action items to address long term strategic initiatives. Accountabilities 1 . Achieve financial excellence in CNP through supportive services of CNP team goals
- Consistently update the enterprise contract management process that ensures vendors adhere to established contract terms
- Delivers procurement trainings to campus managers on a routine basis
- Responsible for order management to ensure error free receivables as well as on - time processing and receiving
- Partner with Accounts Payable to ensure accurate and on-time invoice payment
- Ensure 100% Inventory Asset Management and warehouse management for headquarters
- Utilizes Tyler Munis as the enterprise system for controlling, monitoring and managing inventory of CNP equipment
- Provides reports and analysis for all cafeteria operations
Decreases the cost of CNP supplies , ki tchen equipment and contracted services by 3% over prior year
- Monitor technology trends, feature changes and improvements to maximize value and selecting optimal, compatible solutions for organizational and end-user needs
3 . 100% of contracts are up to date prior to First Day of School (FDOS)
- Utilizes current vendor management system to i dentif y potential vendors that can provide products and services needed to continue growth in existing and new regions
- Perform appropriate administrative and operational research to support proposal and contract
- Leads bid proposal review committees
- Maintains compliance with all applicable policies and regulations regarding bidding and purchasing
- Maintains all procurement documentation to ensure compliance with Federal and State regulations
- Ensure that contracts and proposals are properly entered into the organizational databases and securely maintained.
- Enforce the standards of contracts, including presentation of budget, payment terms, general language and provisions.
- Assure accuracy of contract text, conditions, terms and attachment
4 . We look for Team and Family who embody the followingvaluesand characteristics:
- Serve as liaison between user and vendor during the contract term
- Maintains deadlines on deliverables and communicate s on an ongoing basis with vendors and internal users about contractual issues
- Believes and is committed to our missionand being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effectiveoutcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationshipsin order toachieve outcomes
- We believe in education asa professionand hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Public Administration, Economics or related field.Experience:
2-3 years of analytical experience that included research, strategic planning, data analysis and reporting.Preferences:
Master's Degree and certification in procurement Knowledge and Skills:
- Manager various procurement projects that include the areas of purchasing, contracting, sourcing, and commodity management
- Understand business objectives to generate project information, action items, schedules and deliverables to the team
- Work with Cost Price Analysis and Commodity Management Groups to formulate negotiation plans.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills complemented with highly effective presentation, interpersonal and consulting skills in working across all aspects of the business levels of the organization.
- Demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and be self-motivated.
- Salaries for this role typically fall between $48,600 and $60,800, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on individual and organizational performance and goal attainment.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.