About KIPP Bay Area Public Schools
KIPP is a non-profit network of 224 college-preparatory, public charter schools across the country educating early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school students. KIPP schools are united by a common mission, a commitment to excellence, and a belief that if we help children develop the academic and character strengths they need for college and choice-filled lives, they will be able to build a better tomorrow for themselves, for their communities, and for us all.
There are currently 15 KIPP schools across the Bay Area educating nearly 6,000 students in East Palo Alto, Oakland, San Francisco, San Lorenzo, San Jose, and Redwood City and supporting over 3,000 alumni around the country.
The Student Recruitment Manager (SRM) is responsible for developing and implementing a targeted student recruitment plan that aligns with our organization’s enrollment goals, including outreach, community engagement, and direct recruitment. The SRM will support student enrollment efforts by working closely with school teams to collectively recruit and enroll new students for KIPP, provide strategies to school teams on how to effectively execute on the enrollment process, partner with the Regional Operations, Advocacy and Community Engagement (ACE), and Marketing & Communications teams to drive success and represent the region externally at events.
To be successful in this role, the SRM brings a track record for designing and implementing successful recruitment, marketing or family and community engagement strategies and experience building and maintaining relationships with community members and partners in Oakland and/or San Francisco. The SRM should be a goal-oriented self-starter who is comfortable working in an environment that requires managing multiple priorities and competing deadlines, while never losing sight of the overarching goals and desired outcomes.
This role is a temporary, full-time position that requires work some weekends, evenings and holidays. The role has the potential to become a permanent position, contingent on performance.
Outreach and Recruitment
- Develop, plan, and lead local initiatives and events to reach prospective families.
- Hire, develop and manage 2-3 canvassers to support on-the-ground student recruitment
- Represent KIPP at key community events, fairs, festivals, and other outreach events that will bolster enrollment.
- Work with school leaders, faculty, and staff in planning school-based open houses, enrollment information meetings, and other school-based recruitment events.
- Network and build relationships with existing families and staff to recruit friends and family members in order to access their local networks to support recruitment goals and provide opportunities for teacher and family participation in recruitment events.
- Support school-based teams in routinely reaching-out to prospective and newly accepted families to keep them engaged, excited and informed about the school.
- Build and cultivate relationships with community leaders, partner organizations and other key stakeholders in the community served by the school.
- Distribute marketing materials to community partners and schedule information meetings at their sites or at accessible venues in the community.
- Collaborate and communicate regularly with the ACE and Marketing & Communications teams to identify upcoming events that help potential families learn more about KIPP
Project Management and Strategy
- Create and implement student recruitment strategies and plan tied to enrollment targets.
- Project manage student recruitment and enrollment across KIPP schools to meet enrollment goals for KIPP
- Train, collaborate with and ensure accountability for school-based staff for recruitment and enrollment activities and procedures.
- Lead meetings with all school leaders and/or operations leaders to inform and drive progress
- Track and analyze all data regarding student recruitment benchmarks and goals
- Report out regular updates on progress towards goals
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience with recruitment-related work preferably in a business, nonprofit, education, community engagement or advocacy organization
- Strong cultural competency skills, including the ability to communicate and work effectively with a diverse population
- Exceptional project management skills, with an ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an energetic attitude; ability to successfully engage, cultivate, and steward relationships with community members and organizational partners effectively and quickly build rapport
- Proven experience building operational efficiency while proactively finding solutions
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to produce high-quality work in a dynamic environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Highly-motivated and self-starter / self-directed learner with a “whatever it takes” attitude to work independently and as a team player
- Unquestioned integrity and commitment to the KIPP Bay Area mission and community
- Service-oriented, able to adapt to a changing environment while applying flexibility to work under pressure and remain calm in the midst of competing demands
- Proficiency Google applications (Sheets, Docs, Google Drive), with the ability to quickly learn new technologies (SchoolMint, video conferencing apps, etc)
- Must have reliable transportation to travel between campuses and to and from community events/meetings
- Strongly prefer fluency in spoken and written Spanish
Salary & Benefits
We are dedicated to you and your family's well-being! KIPP offers a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and transportation benefits.