Social Worker will provide individual and group counseling services. Serves on interdisciplinary teams, provides resources and support for parents/guardians. Supports student achievement by implementing strategies that address social/ emotional and behavioral difficulties. Provides crisis intervention, home visitation, consultation, and program development services. Provides social work services that strengthen home, school, and community partnerships.
- Devises, suggests, and acts upon ways and means of implementing needed changes in the school structure, policies, and practices which may enable a child to secure and sustain better relationships and succeed in school.
- Provides principal, teachers, other school staff, children and their families with information and/or recommendations regarding the individual social and emotional needs of students.
- Interprets to parents and school personnel the services of public and private agencies which may help meet the needs of children.
- Serves as a resource person to faculties, parent-teacher associations, and other school related groups in the areas of mental health and social adjustment.
- Offers and provides social work services to students, parents or school staff members using casework, group work, community organization, and/or family counseling skills.
- Maintains all required documentation, makes home visits, and performs crisis intervention as required.
- Maintains an effective system of record keeping which will ensure confidentiality and accountability.
- Submits Medicaid reimbursement documentation.
- Maintains clinical notes including individual and group session documentation.
- Monitors IEP caseload for attendance concerns and address concerns by engaging student and providing interventions.
- Participates in staff meetings and collaborates with other service providers.
- Serves on School IEP Team and Student Support Team.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school boards policies and the professional standards.
Maximum Salary 90132.00
Minimum Salary 51925.00
- Master's degree in social work from an accredited college or university.
- Valid Maryland State Board of Social Work Examiners license at the LCSW-C level.
- Eligible for Certification through Maryland State Department of Education as a School Social Worker.
- Thorough knowledge of human growth and development.
- Skill in conducting psychosocial and other clinical assessments.
- Knowledge base of social learning theories and theories of social interaction.
- Knowledge of behavior management strategies.
- Knowledge of methods of gathering data.
- Skills in interviewing and in individual, family, and group counseling and consultation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills and human relations skills.
- Excellent skills in organization and documentation.
- Ability to rapidly develop and maintain working knowledge of City Schools' policies and procedures and city resources.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, peers, and parents.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Valid driver's license and reliable vehicular transportation.
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts -undergraduate, graduate
- Upload copy of license
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
Baltimore City Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from bi-lingual or multi-lingual candidates.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age in its employment, programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts of America and other designated youth groups. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact Equal Opportunity Manager, Title IX Coordinator Equal Employment Opportunity and Title IX Compliance Office 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208 Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax). This position is affiliated with the Baltimore Teachers Union (BTU) bargaining union.